Part 6

ENGINEERS DON'T MESS AROUND

Forth sends Pha a message just as the later enters his first class on Tuesday morning,

**Meet me during your lunch break at my faculty's food court got some news **

**Will be there**

After getting Forth's message Pha was on edge the whole morning, he could barely hold it together until lunch time, but he had to, he had some very important module this morning and he could not afford to miss them since the information he would be getting would play a large part in him choosing the hospital in which he'd be interning and also would help him decide what field of medicine he would prefer to pursue, not that he didn't know where he wanted to be he just wanted to know all his option. He did not want to get the wrong information so he forced himself to focus.

As soon as his last class of the morning was over Pha flew off his seat, " Beam, kit I'm gonna meet Forth in engineering. Wanna come with?"

" I'm headed there," Kit replied, "Got a lunch date with Ming."

"Got no plans don't mind joining you." Was Beam's answer.

Because they were all headed to the same place they all pilled up in Beam's car. They got to the engineering faculty in ten minutes flat then rush over to the food court, not wanting to keep Forth Waiting. Today they were having a longer than usual lunch break referred to as 'Med haven' by Pha and his friends because it was the only day in the week they would have a two hour break, then again it didn't count for much because on that day they would also have classes until eight pm. But considering that they had a break they would have ample time to eat after the meeting with Forth.

They quickly found Forth in the crowd of students, and walked towards hiss table. Kit had messaged Ming to let him know that although he'd still be there for their date he'd be a little late, since he was accompanying his friend to a meeting with Forth. When they saw Forth he was with some friends but as soon as Pha got to his table, "Okay guys, move along I've got business with these gentlemen." Everyone got up as one taking their food tray and leaving the area. Every engineering student knew not to mess with Forth and they knew better than to make him repeat himself. Once everyone was out of earshot Pha and his friends sat down. " Hey Forth," They all said "Pha, Beam, Kit." Was his reply. To look at them you'd think it was a scene from a gangster movie.

Forth didn't waste any time and went straight to business . "We found what you were looking for." The thee medical students were stunned since they'd look at every social media web site and every porn site they could find and still they'd come up empty. Forth noticed the looks on their faces and laughed, "My guy is very good at what he does. But truth be told you would never have found it, it was on a pay per view adult web site." Then he slid a flash memory stick to Pha, " Everything he found is on there. "Also here is a list of the items you'll need to jam any signal from her devices." He then handed him a SD card. Pha could not believe he was one step closer to being free from that woman.

" Thanks Forth. You guys don't mess around do you?" His response was a chuckle. "So Forth what does your guy want in return?"

"He says he'll hold out for a favor, But you need not worry about him hounding you, he does not know it was for you. I was real careful about giving out any info." The two men stare at each other as if talking telepathically, Pha nodded, it was as if the two had come to some agreement or understanding yet no words needed to be spoken. "Anyway guys I've got to head to class, short break today. You should eat before you go back, I'm sure you won't have time to if you don't do it here." Pha looked at his watch forty five minutes of their break had already flown by.

"Thanks again buddy." Pha reiterated. Forth waved him off and left the three debating where they should eat since every booth had a long line in front. Time had a way of disappearing when you thought you had enough of it and it would drag when you wanted it to fly by. Just then Ming arrived with a tray for his lover, both Pha an Beam felt a little bit jealous at that moment and wished they had someone to take care of them just then. Pha and Beam are looking at the line of students, will they really have time to eat. They both decide to go to the convenience store across the street from the faculty of engineering to pick up a couple of sandwiches instead, "Meet us at the car when you're done Kit,"Pha declared

As the days went by Pha and Beam were spending more time together and that always left Pha with a warm feeling in his heart. He did not understand why that was since he'd always spent lots of time with both his friends why was it he was only getting this feeling when he and Beam were together, he wanted to understand but didn't dare linger on the question, not now while thing in his life were so complicated.

As the boys sat at the counter at the back of the store they quickly ate there meager meal it was not the best but would sustain them until their next break. "Pha," Beam called with his head hanging low, " Yeah?"

"I'm sorry I was not of much help to you."

"What are talking about Beam? Without you I would never have had the courage to do this. If anything I should be saying say thank you." Pha's eyes were fixed on his friend and it was filled with gratitude, "Thank you Beam for giving me courage." Beam was blushing at Pha's appreciation he was happy that he could have encouraged the one he loved. Pha leaned in to grab Beam's hand with the intention of saying something but by the time he touched Beam every word he'd intended to say had flown out of his mind and he found himself leaning even further and kissing Beam on the forehead, something he'd never dreamt of doing in a million years.

Pha did not know what got into him he looked dazed for a moment, Beam was staring back at him with the same dazed look in his eyes, once what he'd done sunked in,he quickly pulled away and apologized. Beam meanwhile was surprised and blushing uncontrollably. The situation between the two became awkward, both hopped off the stools they were sitting on and rapidly walked out of the store.

When Kit rejoined them some minutes later they were both standing outside of the car and away from each other. " What's with you guys?"

"What do you mean? Nothing wrong, nothing happened." Pha stuttered. Kit frown at the two, something was definitely out of place, Beam was not talking his head was down he seemed lost in thought and his cheeks and ears were overly pink. "Guys we still have class to get to, let's get moving." Pha managed to get out. Poor Beam was still in a daze he could not believe that Pha's lips had been on his skin. He was glad that he'd allowed Pha to drive his precious car because there was no way he would have been able to concentrate on driving.

*****

For the rest of the day Pha kept wondering why he'd done that, at the same time during class he kept sending furtive glances Beams way. It is true that he'd told Beam his secrets but that did not explain his strange behavior towards his friend. What guy gay or straight went around kissing his friend for no apparent reason.

Lecture went on, but Pha's mind was on the kiss he'd deposited on Beam's forehead wondering -why?- Yes he was grateful for Beam's help and encouragement during the last few weeks, yes he was thankful for the hard work Beam had put in even neglecting his own private life. Suddenly Pha came to the realization that Beam had not been on a date since this whole debacle begun. it made him understand how much Beam cared for him and how much he was willing to give up for him. Once again his heart was filled with warmth for Beam.