Chapter 54 - Coffee

Dro requested that we take shots with him and since he is the birthday boy I granted his wish.

Naisip ko na wala akong appointments bukas at pwede naman ako matulog dito kung hindi ako makauwi kaya hindi ko na rin napansin na nakarami na ako at lagpas na ako sa limit.

I just texted Rachel if she can attend meetings in my stead if something urgent come up.

Her yes is my go signal. I went all in.

Azriel was smirking at me the whole time and laughing when I tripped on my own feet.

"Instead of helping me, tinawanan mo pa ako. Wow thanks."

He helped me walk to the couch and sat with me there while I talk and talk until I got tired and just close my eyes.

I actually fell asleep. Az is not here anymore but somebody is.

Eris is sitting one seat away from me and just staring at the ground. When I moved he turned to me and I realized he was waiting for me to wake up. He is with me the whole time!

Damn Azriel! Iniwan ako. Danielle is nowhere to be found as well. Maybe she is with Az or she went home.

"Can you walk? Ihahatid na kita." Eris said.

"Dito nalang siguro ako matutulog." I said as I finger combed my hair.

"Are you crazy? Nasa kama sila Seth. You can't be sleeping there."

"Dito nalang ako. Besides I can't go home. It's too late."

"Wag nang matigas ang ulo mo. Let's go."

Sinubukan kong tumayo pero sobrang antok na ako at pagod at lasing na rin. Gusto ko nalang matulog ulit.

Eris sigh and helped me up by pulling me by my arm and his other hand circling my waist.

He put me in his car and I closed my eyes because I don't want to talk. Bakit nga ba ako pumayag? I'm suppose to be cutting ties with him not having car rides with him.

I opened my eyes and tears start forming. Pasimple kong pinunasan ang mata ko at tumingin sa kanya.

Seryoso siya at hindi ko malaman kung galit o ano. So I asked, "Galit ka ba?"

"At you? No. At me, yes." He answered.

I bit my inner cheek and the words just came out. "Pwede ba ako sayo makitulog?"

He didn't answer but his brow shot up questioning but didn't say anything.

I ask because tonight made me realize that I can't lose him. Maybe Rachel is right. Another chance is what we need.

He is renting his own condo unit so it's just him living and the unit is so him. Even the smell and color.

He gave me a shirt and I just stared at it. This looks just like the one I wore when I came banging at his door in the middle of the night and start stripping.

"Gusto mo ba ng shorts?" He asked with a hint of smile.

Umiling ako at nagpunta sa bathroom para magpalit. After I washed up I went to his bed and lied down.

Siya naman ang sumunod. Nakatingin lang ako sa pinto ng CR kahit na inaantok na ako.

Then he proceed to lie beside me like it's very normal for us to sleep together.

The last time we slept together was in the resthouse and it was so long ago already. But his body still feels the same. The same warmth and comfort.

I turned so I'm facing him and he does the same. I traced the outline of his brows using my fingers.

His hand found my hand and he held it up while playing with it until he got tired and just laced it together while staring at it.

"I want to hold your hand like this but I don't know if I have the right."

I swallowed the lump in my throat and nodded. "Why did we end up like this?"

I know the answer even before I asked. It's all my fault. There's no point in regretting now but I still want to say it. "I should've chose us. Chose this."

"Sleep, Mor." He said as the end of our conversation but I don't want it just to end that way so I reached up and kissed him.

This is all me. Not the alcohol in my system. I kissed him because I miss him. Because I love him. There I said it. I love him more than anyone I've loved before.

And he kissed me back like I'm the only one that matters. And that's enough for me.

He pulled back before kissing turns into something and hugged me tight. His head in the crook of my neck as he whispered good night to me.

I think I heard him saying he love me but I couldn't remember because I'm drifting into sleep.

xx

When I woke up the next day I'm sober and could remember every single detail that had happen. From car ride to our talk and kisses.

But he's not here anymore and he left no trace of him. Phone nalang niya ang nakita ko and it was vibrating and he is nowhere to be found so I looked at it.

Several messages from Danielle and 1 missed call. Wow this girl sure is clingy.

Biglang nawala ang ngiti sa labi ko. They are texting. Even though I know she is Az's girl, they are texting and I'm not happy about it because Azriel is the past and Eris might be the present or future. Who knows!

Damn Eris. Bakit kasi ang charming mo!

So I figured I have to up my game if I want Eris in my life.

I got up, went to the bathroom, washed up and went to find him. I wore my clothes from yesterday since I have no spare.

He is facing the window while having a sip of his coffee so I creep towards him and hug him. Saying he was surprised is an understatement.

I pat his back as he choked on his coffee and giggled when I heard colorful curses when his coffee spilled.

"Good morning." I smiled.

"Please don't do that again." Sumimangot siya.

"What part? Saying good morning? Smile? Hug?"

"Scare me! Muntik na akong mamatay." Sabi niya.

Tinawanan ko lang siya. "Don't worry hindi ka mamamatay. Besides I will protect you. Akong bahala sayo." I said while patting his back.

"Muntik mo na akong patayin, Mor."

"Wag ka nga OA dyan." Tinalikuran ko na siya pero deep inside medyo nakonsensya ako. Namumula na kasi siya kakaubo.

He pulled me in his chest and kissed my cheek. "Morning."

"Hindi mo ako ginising. Did you even make a cup for me?"

His answer was to kiss me. "There."

I pouted. "I want coffee."

"Hmm.." He hummed and kissed me again.

This time deeper and longer. He pushed me to the wall beside the window and leaned his body to me.

I laughed because he's so clingy. It's cute.

We kissed playfully until his phone rings. Eris doesn't answer so it just kept on ringing. I have to ask him several times so he is forced to answer.

I followed him but stopped when I heard who called him.

It was Danielle. I stopped just outside his room. His back is facing me while he is laughing at what she said.

He doesn't turn to look at me not even once. I stayed a few more minutes before I couldn't take it and I just left.