Chapter 52 - Perfect

We still meet but it's strictly business. No side trips to the resto bar when we're stress or hanging out when we both are bored. We meet up, talk about the upcoming event then that's it. We go on separate ways. He offered me once a ride home and he said it is just him being a gentleman but I declined and he didn't ask for the second time.

It feels wrong for me to do these things with him but I can't just abandon this event in the middle and to think that I might ruin the whole thing if I backed out. Bukas na ang event kaya pinuntahan ako ni Rachel para tulungan sa run through ng event.

"Huy patingin ng susuotin mo sa event mo. Dali!" Sabi sa akin ni Rachel pagkapasok niya ng kwarto ko.

"Rach, pwede bang ikaw nalang pumunta? Proxy ko?"

"Ano ka? Ikaw ang dapat nandoon baliw ka. Tsaka ikaw ang inaasahan na nandoon." She said then she saw my face. "Something happened. Okay.. ano 'yun?"

"I don't think I told you this before but Eris and me go way back college. We were together then we're not then nagkita lang kami sa date na sinet up mo. Of course we clicked instantly. Narealize ko na ayaw ko nang maulit mga nangyari sa amin so I ended it."

"May tanong lang ako, mahal niyo pa ba isa't isa?"

Hindi ako tumingin sa kanya. "Does it matter?"

"Okay. I think I got it. You were saying that you ended it right before it started? Before you gave yourselves another chance? Mor, that was the stupidest thing I heard in my life. Why the hell would you do that? Tanga lang gagawa nun. And I always say you are the smartest girl and the girl who gave so many great ideas pero tanga ka dito girl. Wrong move." She said everything straight to the point and I'm not even hurt because I already said that to myself over and over.

Hindi ako nakasagot. Tahimik lang kami sa at nakalimutan na kung bakit siya nandito. The dress and event forgotten until I spoke again.

"Wala nang point. Wala nang chance. Wala na lahat." Sabi ko more like to myself because I found myself crying and Rachel enveloping me in a hug.

"Mor.." Rachel sighed while brushing my hair. "Girl, listen to me. Just give it another shot. One last shot."

xx

Tumingin ako sa salamin at inayos ang dress ko. I begged Rachel to go in my stead but she is firm in her decision so I have no choice.

So wearing my dark blue long dress I sat and waited for Azriel to fetch me.

Lahat ng kaibigan niya ay imbitado and I'm lucky to have Az offered to fetch me. I'm on his car before I know the reason why.

Eris asked him to go with me because he know I will decline if he is the one who offered.

I first checked everything that need checking. I have to make sure that the sound system is okay and the pictures and the food. Cole accompany me with all of this since his cousin is also busy doibg stuff. After it's done I sat on our table and it was all good until Eris walked up to us.

Our eyes met and it was the most painful thing we could do. Staring but not able to touch each other.

I smiled and in return he gave me a sad smile before turning to his friends.

Sa kalagitnaan ay nay speech portion kaming plano na hindi alam ng parents niya. So they were shock and for the first time Eris and I exchanged meaningful looks.

I'm laughing when his Dad suddenly knelt in front of his Mom.

"Ito lang talaga gusto kong sabihin ngayong gabi," He started. "I want to be free!"