Chaptter 9 The Rift Holds Many Strange Things.

"Alright people lets all haul arse and make tracks back to the plane. " Jim Donovan ordered everyone over the com. "We should split up and make for the air field separating our trailing packages too keep them at bay." Luther already had the Landcruiser hauling arse across the down the desert highway. Sam and Kiran barely had seconds too get strapped in before they were thrown back in their seats as Luther had peeled off. "Sounds like a plan too me boss. But why do we need too wait for Hannibal. The big Lug can grab a buzzards and fly his way back too the base. Luther was smiling wide as he said that last part looking towards Sam as he said it. Sam pointed Luthers gaze back towards the road holding tight too the screaming bar just above her window on the passenger window with her right hand. "I'm going too take your favorite surfboard and shove it sideways up your are if you get us into a freaking wreck!" Kiran Lively growled from her position in the back seat." Mother's voice sounded over everyone's com link. "The recovery time made the landing site after Hannibal took control of the site. Our clean up team made it there in record time before the Rift could reclaimed the remains of the ship." "Have we gotten any information on the exact where or when our traveler came from?" Sam asked wanting too get a grip on all this strangeness happening around her. "Alast I am afraid the team did not have much time too gather much. What they got they have abroad the cargo chopper heading here for the landing strip with Hannibal on board. " Mother informed everyone too what most of them already suspected. Sam looked too Luther then too Kiran a questioning look on her brow. "The Rift opens and closes at unpredictable intervals. " Luther rattled off in his inscrutable oriental tone. "So needless too say," Kiran chimed in from her seat by the console in the back of the Landcruiser. "The Rift has at time claimed back whatever our travel at the time had ridden in too get here. So time is of the essence too gather everything we can once we know the location of any given anomaly opening." Luther commented taking the Land cruiser like it was an Indie race car biting down on the pavement. Bryan Holt struggled a little with his Land cruiser but he held it together taking his SUV in the opposite direction away from the direction Luther had taken only seconds behind him.

Will Riker was a little mussed up his suit covered in dust with bits of weeds stuck here and there. But his eyes were hard as nails wanting blood anyone's blood right at the moment. He fired his Browning High Power 9mm out the passenger window at the trailing Land Cruiser. He saw the sparks flash off the cargo back door. "Bloody thing's damn armored!" Will growled as he watched the two land cruisers take too the road heading off in opposite directions. "Which one should I follow Mister Riker? The driver asked hesitantly knowing full well the rage fits that Riker could throw when his moods were poor and right now they were differently at rock bottom poor. The driver was pleasantly surprised when Will Riker emptied his clip into the back of the slowly disappearing Land cruiser through his passenger window. "Neither one." Will replied short and too the pointed as he dropped the empty clip too the floor board pulling another full one from the pouch clip on his waist band. After slamming the loaded clip home in the grip of the Browning High Powered Will reached for his neck activating his throat mic. "Team Two keep a watch out for a Toyota Landcruiser black in color coming your way. They are most likely heading for a local air field that will accommodate a transport aircraft." Will looked over his shoulder too another member of his team who sat behind the driver. "Hit the laptop and locate all the airfields within fifty miles that might be large enough too handle large aircraft. " he order Miller too get too work. The driver Simms was still waiting for an answer looking more nervous with each passing second. But Simms lucked out again as Miller pointed too the horizon in front of them. "There are only two airfield or more too the point simple dirt strips that could handle a transport of any size." Miller explained as Riker continued too stare at him. "The nearest one is just over the ridge. But its a good forty mile drive around it." Will turned back too the front reaching for a globe GPS system that was clamped too the dash in a holder. "Give me the coordinates too the airstrip that is over that ridge." Will ordered his left hand waiting on the screen for Miller too give him the directions. Simms slowed the Suv down as they came too the edge of the pavement. "What the fuck are you doing?" Riker growled staring hard at Simms. "Waiting on a direction ,sir." Simms replied meekly reaching instinctively for the butt of the forty five caliber Derringer he kept in a special holster near his left hand pants pocket. Simms was semi sure he would be able too get at least one shot off at Riker before the Hummer flipped over or crashed into a rock formation.. Will pointed with his nine millimeter straight ahead across the pavement at the ridge in the distance. "Head for the damn ridge line over too your west. Miller is about too give me the location of that airfield then we are going too hump it over that ridge and beat those Blackthorne prices before they get too their own plane." Will's fingers danced as Miller rattled off the coordinates he was getting from the satellite image on the computer screen in front of him. "Move it!" Will roared as they peeled rubber across the pavement back into the sand heading for the ridge. "Follow the fucking GPS too the letter straight across the top of the ridge." Simms gulped eyeing the GPS wondering about something. "Sir," Simms stated as Will Rikers eyes burned a look at him. "What if their is no road over the ridge?" Simms wondered not seeing anything resembling anything like a road or even a goat path over the freaking ridge in question. Will Rike seethe with rages for a moment as he glanced at the GPS then slowly turning back towards Simms. "I'll be sure too do the himself thing and put a bullet in your brain so you don't suffer if we crash on the other side." Simms eased his left hand away from the Derringer simply nodding his head as he drove further on into the desert.