-18-

Lillie slowly opened her eyes, awoken by the soft rays of sunlight beaming through her window. Shiron was sleeping quietly at the edge of the bed, letting out soft snores. Lillie quietly sat up and stretched, carefully making sure not to wake up the Ninetails. A frantic
knock at her door startled the both of them, sending Shiron rolling off the bed. So much for silence.

Lillie slowly walked over to the door, rubbing her eyes. She barely finished turning the handle before a flash of green quickly lunged forward to grab her shoulders.

"W-wah? Mallow? What are you doing here?"

Mallow's eyes were filled with fear, a look that shook Lillie to her core. "The restaurant is being attacked!"

Lillie moved Mallow's hands off her shoulders and held them reassuringly. "By who?" she asked calmly, surprised by her own courage.

"I...I don't know! It's just this giant, black and yellow thing with a mouth for a stomach! I've never seen a Pokémon like it."

"Ultra Beast," Gladion said while walking into the room. "I heard everything. Get dressed, we're going to stop it."

Gladion ran back down the hallway. Moon appeared in the doorway a few seconds later, watching Gladion enter his room. "Guess no good morning kiss, then."

Ash peeked his head into Lillie's room. "Morning, Lillie!"

—-

The five teens arrived back at the restaurant after a short car ride. Most of it was already destroyed, leftover structural beams being the only evidence of the walls that were there a day ago. A massive black Pokémon was shoving wood and bricks into a huge mouth in its stomach. Yellow markings covered the creature's whole body. The group had to stretch their necks to even look at the creature up close.

In the sky above the chaos, a blue portal ripped the sky apart. Gladion stared up at the light. "An Ultra Wormhole."

"Mallow!" Mallow's father ran up to the green-haired girl. "Stay back, it's dangerous here."

"I need to do something!" Mallow protested. Mallow's dad nodded after a few seconds of thought. "I suppose I can't stop you...as long as you think you can stop this thing."

"We will," Gladion said. He took a Poké Ball from his belt and launched it into the air. "Go, Crobat!"

A purple Pokémon with four wings appeared. "Bat!"

"Pikachu, I choose you!"

"Come on out Tauros!"

"Shiron, I need your help!"

"Steenee, get cooking!"

All five trainers sent out their Pokémon, grabbing the attention of the Ultra Beast. It let out a horrifying cry as  it realized it was under attack. "Guzzzzzzz!"

"Crobat, use Cross Poison!"

"Pikachu, use Quick Attack!"

The two boys started off the battle quickly. Both Pokémon moved in to try to land a direct physical hit.

Boom!

Pikachu and Crobat hit just above the UB's legs. The creature's spongy body absorbed most of the damage, springing them back to where they started.