-1-

"Pix!"

Lillie blinked her eyes open to see a white coat and blue eyes staring right back. The small Pokémon wagged it's many tails in excitement.

The blonde-haired girl gave a sleepy laugh. "Good morning to you too, Snowy," she said, feeling proud of herself for being able to pet her partner, and proud of the strong Pokémon Snowy had become. "I need to get-"

A small knock came from the door to her room. "Miss Lillie? It's time to prepare for the school day." an older voice said. Lillie gave a small nod, even though the person could not see her. "Understood, Hobbes". The butler's footsteps down the hall eventually gave into silence.

Lillie gently lifted Shiron off of her stomach and got out of bed. She dressed herself in her normal white dress and boots, and finished the look with her signature oversized hat.

She made her way down the hall and down the stairs, where a large breakfast awaited her. A bowl of Pokémon food lay next to it.

As Lillie and Shiron began to eat, Hobbes absentmindedly turned on the TV, mostly for background noise, as he prepared himself for the drive over to the Pokémon School. A few stories sprinkled here and there, Team Skull Shenanigans, a few contests and showcases, something about a Pokémon with a helmet spotted, and so on.

"Miss Lillie, it's time to go." Hobbes informs the girl. Lillie places her dishes in the sink and turns off the news story as she goes out. Before she steps out the door, she checks her pocket to pull something out.

It was a picture of her and another blonde boy, although it was cruelty shaped, as if to cut something out.

—-

Lillie bowed and thanked Hobbes for the ride to school as he drove off. She arrived early and sat in the empty classroom as she usually did. Eventually all of the other students showed up. "Alola!"

"Alola" Lillie said back with a smile.

Everyone talked until a familiar yell filled the classroom. "ALOLA!"

Lillie jumped a little in her seat. "Good morning to you too, Ash."

Sophocles rubbed his ears. "Your voice much reach thousands of decibels at least."

The raven-haired boy rubbed the back of his head. "Sorry. I got excited." His Pikachu gave a little cry.

Professor Kukui walked in. "Alola, students."

"Alola!"

Everyone took their seats while their Pokémon played around the classroom, which Lillie made sure to keep her legs away from.

"Today we will be looking at..."

The lesson continued on, and Lillie listened patiently, and raising her hand to answer a question every now and then.

She glanced over to see Ash and his Pikachu sitting at their desk, with Ash occasionally petting the small yellow Pokémon.

Lillie gave an inward sigh. She wished she could be as comfortable with Pokémon as Ash was. Sure, she could touch her own Pokémon, Shiron, but to her that wasn't enough. She needed to overcome her fear of Pokémon.

But that was rooted in hazy memory she couldn't quite make out.

And the one person she would talk to about it was gone. Mysteriously disappeared in the middle of the night.

Ring!

Lillie blinked a few times. She completely missed the lesson. She was lucky Professor Kukui hadn't called on her.

"Lillie?"

Lillie looked up to see Mallow and Lana staring down at her. "Let's go!"

"R-right."

Lillie got up and walked out of the school with the other two girls. She saw her limo already in the front to take her back home.

All of the students waved goodbye to each other. Once Lillie was safely in the limousine, she placed her hat to the seat next to her. She leaned back into her seat and sighed.

Another day in the life of the girl afraid of Pokémon.

-—

Hope you enjoyed the chapter!