-11-

We have surpassed 4,000 reads on this book, which is absolutely amazing.

Quick little note before we start: over the next few days you'll see a lot of the chapters undergo editing, mainly for formatting, so be prepared for a lot of notifications.

Enjoy the chapter!

—-

The Team Skull grunts fell to their knees, utterly crushed. "Dang..."

The Aether agents were praising their Pokémon for a good victory. Ethan looked towards the grunts while petting his Feraligatr. "Leave."

"Sheesh, okay. But just you wait, punk. We'll get stronger, and you fools will be sorry!" the female grunt swore. She and her partner ran away, their bodies slowly getting get smaller until they faded from sight.

"That was close..." Karen fretted, her Espeon nuzzling her face. Natasha placed a reassuring hand on her shoulder. "It's ok. Team Skull has already proven to be a bunch of numbskulls," she said, her distinctive blue-and-black Umbreon still standing protectively at her legs. "Let's just keep going."

"'Kay." Karen replied. Ethan had his detective hat back on. "So how about we buy those clothes?"

"YAY!" the girls squealed, running into the nearest boutique they saw. Ethan and Feraligatr sweatdropped. "We may have made a mistake."

—-

Gladion walked back into the room in the Pokémon Center. Moon was already awake and brushing her hair. "Morning, Gladion." she said with a sleepy sigh.

She's putting on a brave face. Gladion realized. "M-morning." he stammered. Moon gave him a curious stare. "Are you alright? You weren't here when I woke up and I thought-"

"That I would abandon you? No, never, of course not, calm down already!" Gladion said quickly and speedily made his way over to the bathroom, locking the door. Moon blinked. What was wrong with him?

Oh well, I can't even really tell with him anymore. He's still pretty cute though... she thought sadly. She wished he returned her feelings toward him. She blushed at the thought trying to kiss him. What was she thinking? Gladion wasn't that type of person.

She finished brushing her hair and sat quietly, waiting for Gladion. Eventually he came out with a flushed face. "Let's go." he simply said and walked out of the room. Moon shook her head. What a mystery. She followed him quietly.

They checked out of the Pokémon Center and walked outside. Moon gave him a curious glance. "So where to now?"

Gladion opened his mouth to answer until he heard a voice: "BREAKING NEWS: Team Skull attacks Aether Foundation employees!"

The two trainers swirled their heads to a TV displayed in the window of an electronics store. A small crowd had gathered to watch the breathtaking footage of the battle.

Gladion and Moon stood at the back to avoid attention to themselves. "The work the Aether employees were conducting is unknown, but the three teenagers managed to defend themselves against the hooligans of Team Skull." the reporter continued dramatically.

Damn it. Gladion thought. Now he had two more problems to deal with. "We can't let Team Skull find us." he thought out loud.

"Why? Isn't the Aether Foundation the real threat?" Moon asked in confusion.

"They're just annoying," Gladion quickly explained. "We need to rethink our plan from here."

"Why?" Moon repeated.

"I was planning on going straight to Lillie, but that could be difficult now that they are searching for us. It's too easy for them to guess where we might be."  Gladion said, turning around and taking a few steps forward, placing his hand on his head to make his distinctive pose.

"So where are we going?"

Gladion was silent for a few moments until he took a deep breath. "I'm going home."

Moon let out a small gasp. "Are you insane?"

"No, I'm being smart. Now come on." he muttered, quickly grabbing Moon's hand and pulling her down the road.

Moon was about to suggest that they rise on her Tauros, but she relished the contact she was having with Gladion. She felt her face warm as she looked at the back of his head, which was stubbornly facing forward.

I know this is hard for you. Moon silently thought. But I will be right by your side through all of it.

And maybe, just maybe, you'll open up to me and give us a chance.

—-

Aw, a ship is about to sail.

Now I know there is no Lillie storyline in this chapter but there's a good reason for it as you'll see soon.

I also want to thank you guys again for over 4,000 reads. It means a lot knowing people come back to this story.

Thanks for reading!