-16-

We hit ranked! Thank you for all of your support!

Celebratory chapter!

—-
The Aether family limo stopped in front of the mansion. Hobbes stepped out of the driver's side door and walked over to hold the passenger door open. Four people stepped out.

Lillie and Gladion were the first to reach the grand front door. "First night back here..." Gladion mumbled. Lillie put her hand on his shoulder reassuringly. It wouldn't feel like the normality they had as kids, but it would come pretty damn close to it.

"What's for dinner?" Moon asked, strolling up from behind them. Gladion gave a annoyed glance. "We only ate an hour ago." Moon pouted. "Meanie."

"I'm hungry toooo." Ash said, the final person to reach the door.

Lillie giggled. Ash had insisted on spending the night just in case there was another attack. Everyone else offered to stay too, but Lillie refused: she didn't want the fear that ruled her life to rule hers. She made a special exception for Ash: she wouldn't say no to him.

"I'll order a pizza." Hobbes suggested. "You figure out the room situation." he finished, picking up the phone.

The four teenagers made their way to the hallway containing the bedrooms and guest rooms. Gladion opened the door to his old room.

"What happened to my room?" Gladion asked, noticing the general decor.

"Mother turned it into a guest bedroom after you left..." Lillie explained awkwardly. Gladion shrugged. "Whatever. It'll do." he said, throwing his bag into the room.

"I'm going to show Ash his room." Lillie said, motioning for Ash to follow her, both of them disappearing around a corner.

Gladion was about to take a nap before turning around and seeing Moon still standing in the doorway. An awkward silence continued for a few seconds.

"Um...can I help you?" Gladion asked, weirded out.

"I think you and I need to have a talk."

—-

Ash and Lillie were cleaning the room Ash would be staying in. Lillie carefully picked ice off of a pillow. "I don't even know how Shiron found the time to do this." Lillie said, embarrassed. Ash let out a small laugh. "It's fine. I've dealt with electrically charged sinks before."

"Pikachu could have seriously electrocuted you by playing with a sink?" Lillie asked with a surprised glance.

"Yeah."

The two teens stared at each other before bursting out in laughter. When they calmed down, Lillie nervously played with her hair. "It was really nice of you to come over, Ash."

"Aw, it's nothing. You look like you need someone to be by your side right now." Ash replied. Lillie smiled.

"Your brother's really nice, you know." Ash continued. Lillie stayed silent, wanting to see where he was going with this. "I know he kind of just left and joined Team Skull...but we all make mistakes." Ash mumbled. "I've learned that after a few Leagues."

Ash shook his head. "All I'm saying is that no one should judge him too badly."

Lillie nodded. After a moment of hesitation, she reached out to hug Ash. "Never give up on your dreams."

Ash hugged back. "Thanks, Lillie."

They stayed in a hug for a few moments before Hobbes called down the hallway: "The pizza is here!"

Ash and Lillie separated before they walked down the hallway. They knocked on Gladion's door as they passed by. "Gladion? Pizza's here!" Lillie called.

Silence.

"Gladion?" Lillie called again. She opened the door to find Moon and Gladion sharing a kiss.

Lillie's jaw dropped as she subconsciously covered Ash's eyes. Gladion and Moon quickly broke the kiss as soon as they noticed the two younger kids. "Um...hi." Moon squeaked out.

"I was coerced, it was a set-up!" Gladion stammered before Moon punched him in the arm.

—-

Poor Gladion.

He never wins.

Thank you for reading, make sure to like, comment, and follow.