-4- (+Thanks and Update)

AN: Thank you all for 1.1k views, and over 100 reads on the last chapter. It means a lot knowing people come back to read this story and are waiting for updates.

Enjoy the chapter~

----

Type: Null let out a small groan of pain as a Potion was sprayed on it's wounds. The boy was meticulously working to make the Pokémon feel better. He felt like he did this a hundred times....because they had fought Ultra Beasts more or less a hundred times.

The spray from the Potion bottle suddenly stopped. The blonde-haired boy tried pulling the trigger again. Nothing. He kept pressing it with increasing intensity and rage until he lunged it toward the water off Poni Island.

"How is this thing used up already? I just found it randomly by some tree two seconds ago!"

The boy sat back on the ground in defeat. Type: Null let out a little growl to reassure him that it was okay. It tried to get up to prove it, but the boy rushed to stop it. "No. You need to rest until I can fully heal those wounds."

Type: Null was returned to its Poké Ball before it could protest anymore. The trainer sighed. To the Pokémon Center they went.

----

The boy finally made it back to Seafolk Village, a mostly empty town filled with boat houses. He walked into the Pokémon Center, the only sign of modernity on the whole island. He looked around, relieved that there weren't a lot of trainers. That was expected: Poni Island was really only visited by the strongest trainers. He went to go leave Type: Null with Nurse Joy.

"Oh my, what a unique Pokémon...don't worry, we'll have him healed up right away." the Nurse said.

He made his way to the small blue section to the right of the Center: the Poké Mart. He wanted to do this quickly: in and out.

"Welcome to the Poké Mart! How may I help you?" the clerk asked very cheerily.

"Yeah, I need some Potions..." the boy began, stating everything he needed. After he paid for the items, he made his way to a couch in the corner of the Center to wait for Null, and sat down, a hand on his forehead. "What a stressful day...could it get any worse?"

The screen on the wall decided to answer the question. "Once again, a mysterious young boy has battled a mysterious creature, causing massive damage to the surrounding landscape!"

The boy moved his hand away from his face. Arceus damn it. How did they find out about the battle?

"Our secret cameras caught the battle against a strange white Pokémon," a newswoman explained, showing a crew in the bushes.

The boy's hand tightened into a fist. There was only one true way a camera crew could have found him.

No. This exposure is meaningless. She won't force me back home.

Ding dong.

Null was ready to go. And the trainer was sure as hell ready to leave too.

The trainer went to go pick Null up. He hastily thanked the Nurse, hoping he wouldn't be recognized.

Just as he was about to exit the door, he heard a scream. He turned around in a panic, reaching for Null's Poké Ball.

He didn't find a beast, but he found something even more terrifying: a girl running toward him. "Oh my Arceu! You're-" the girl started to say before the boy placed his hand over her mouth and dragged her outside.

Behind the Pokémon Center, he let go of her, her back to the wall. "Do you mind?!" he snarled at her.

The girl adjusted her rubber glove-like hat. "I-I'm sorry, its just really amazing to meet you!"

Meet me? the boy wondered. He studied the girl: the weird hat, brown eyes, pale yellow shirt, and shorts. He had never seen this girl before. "What do you mean by that?"

"You're the Beast Fighter! The boy who I saw on the news yesterday! And all the time!"

Yesterday? Another news article?  All the time? What the Distortion World is going on?

The boy got into her face. "You can't tell anyone you saw me, you got it?" he snarled at her again.

The girl stared back into his eyes. "No way! My friends will freak out! We wrote so much fanfiction about you-"

The trainer quickly put a hand to his face to hide his embarrassment. This chick was nuts. "Whatever...don't let anyone know about this." he said as he walked away.

The girl pouted in frustration. "Why shouldn't I?"

The boy stopped suddenly. Maybe this was a chance to keep this under wraps. "It's...a long story."

"I have time to listen." the girl said with a grin. "My name is Moon. What's yours?"

The boy sighed. He didn't want to open up to anybody. Much less a stranger. He wished Lillie was here to help deal with this.

"Well?" Moon pressed.

The trainer turned around. "My name is Gladion."

----

A bit of a filler chapter for Gladion. We're going to start getting into his backstory as the story progresses, and maybe Moon might become a regular character...*wink*

Thanks for reading!