Merry Christmas (Separate Oneshot)

Hi everyone, Royalty here! Merry Christmas (or whatever idk people are easily offended these days)!

So I would have done a Christmas chapter, but the last chapter really didn't give me an opportunity to tie it in.

So instead, here is an Aureliashipping (and slight Lonashipping) oneshot instead. This is NOT related /canon to "Fear" at all: just a side thing.

So, let's get into this oneshot.

----

Christmas: An Aureliashipping Oneshot

"Pix! Pix!"

Lillie giggled as her Vulpix played in the snow. Professor Kukui had taken the class to Mount Lanakila on Ula'Ula Island as a surprise pre-Christmas Break treat. There was no snow anywhere else in Alola, while the mountain experienced snow year-round: a perfect place for Christmas celebrations.

Pow!

A snowball made impact on Lillie's arm, kept warm by the fuzzy jacket she was wearing. She turned her head to see Mallow with another snowball in her hand, tossed up and down.

Lillie narrowed her eyes. "You asked for it!" she called to her as she gathered snow. Mallow let out a small shriek and began to run away into the nearby tall grass and pointed stones jutting from the ground. Lillie followed her, unfazed by the maze of natural rock formations. She ran around multiple bends and boulders until she crashed into someone.

"Ha! I got-" Lillie began triumphantly until she realized she didn't knock Mallow into the ground: it was Ash and Pikachu lying down in the snow. The girl blushed as she realized she embarassed herself in front of the boy she admired.

Shiron had followed Lillie until she saw her and Ash together. She gave a sly smirk, knowing that the impending show of Lillie's shy apologies and stuttering was about to begin. The white fox Pokémon made eye contact with Pikachu, and motioned him to come over. Pikachu's ears perked up as it smirked, picking up the hint Shiron was dropping. He ran over to Shiron, and they both decided to hide in a nearby bush...until they realized the bush was Mallow's hair.

"Shhh! I want to watch!" Mallow scolded the two Pokémon. They both nodded and the trio hid behind a tree.

"It's okay," Ash tried to reassure Lillie, who refused to show her blushing face from her hat. The raven-haired boy slowly pushed the hat away from her face, smiling at her.

Lillie felt like she was about to melt. It was that very smile that made her fall for him. He was perfect. She cleared her throat, trying to compose herself, and then remembered Mallow. "U-um Ash, have y-you s-seen-?"

"The construction on the mountain peak, yeah, I have!" Ash cut in, pointing at various machinery at a far off peak.

The girl gave a pout. Maybe perfect wasnt quite the word to describe the dense-minded boy.

"Kukui told me they're going to make a Pokémon League," Ash continued to ramble. "Just like back home in Kanto..." he said as he sat down in the snow, staring at the unfinished building.

Lillie subconsciously sat down next to him, staring with him.

Meanwhile, the trio behind the tree tried not to squeal. Finally, some progress for these hopeless romantics.

"What are you staring at?"

It took all the willpower the three had not to scream and ruin their cover. They spun around to see Gladion, Lillie's brother.

"W-well, you see-" Mallow began to say before he pushed past her to observe Ash and Lillie together. His fist began to shake and he took a breath to yell before Mallow covered his mouth with her hand. "Be quiet!" she whisper-yelled.

Gladion yanked her hand away from his mouth, but he lowered his voice to a whisper."What is that idiot doing next to my sister?"

Mallow put her hands on her hips. "Don't be like that! This is sweet! Don't you want your sister to be happy?"

Gladion was at a loss for words, and thought silently with his eyes focused on the ground. After a few moments he looked back up. "If he crosses the line-"

"Which is anything for you-"

"-I intervene."

Mallow and the two Pokémon sighed. It couldn't be helped. All four of them silently went back to watching.

"...One day, I'm going to challenge the league and win. I'm sure of it." Ash finished a thought.

Lillie gave a small smile to herself. His dream gave him purpose of life. He was so happy chasing his goals...while she could barely manage to chase after him.

Back at the tree, Mallow groaned. "This is taking too long. I want to see fluff!"

Shiron gave a thoughtful look, and then smiled. She carefully let out the faintest Powder Snow in Lillie's direction. The other three curiously watched it unfold.

"Brrrr..." Lillie gave a shiver. She felt so cold.

"You're going to get sick. Here, share my jacket." Ash wrapped half of his jacket around her.

Lillie thought she was going to have a nuclear meltdown. Curiously, though, she felt...calm happiness and peace. She smiled as she leaned into his shoulder.

Gladion began breathing heavily. "That tears it: I'm going to-"

"But he didn't do anything wrong-" Mallow tried to protest.

Gladion gave her a glare. "I can't stand this love. Love is meaningless. Love-"

"What is what dear?" a soft feminine voice said from behind them.

The four turned to see Moon rubbing her eyes. "I'm so tired...Gladion, will you carry me?"

Gladion blushed in both embarrassment and frustration. Mallow gave him a smirk. "So what were you saying, dear?"

Moon wrapped her arms around Gladion's neck. "You're taking too long..." she said as she dragged him away from the rest of the group.

Mallow gave a cheeky wave. "Bye bye, lovebirds!" she called as the Pokémon behind her giggled.

"SHUT UP!" Gladion snarled as he was led away.

"Hey, did you hear something?" Ash asked Lillie, looking around.

Lillie didn't even open her eyes to check. "No...not a thing at all."

----

Thank you for reading, and don't forget to vote, comment, and follow!