-15-

hey whats up guys royalty here with a double upload

hey whats up guys royalty here with a double upload...which is once again during the middle of the night

At least Scarce finally came back ;u;

thicc flannel god

——

"Wow...we're sorry for all that happened to you." Sophocles muttered.

The entire group of teens was seated at Mallow's family's restaurant. Gladion was telling everyone about the Ultra Beasts and the dangerous experiments conducted by the Aether Foundation in between Pecha Berry smoothies.

"Wait, why did you have to run away again?" Kiawe asked. "The experiments were dangerous, but Lillie ended up being safe for the rest of the time she spent at Aether."

Gladion exhaled. "I stole a Pokémon that was genetically engineered in order to fight the Ultra Beasts from Aether. I knew my mother wouldn't let me keep it easily, so I left to become stronger."

Gladion sighed before he continued. "And Lillie wasn't safe, either. She was attacked by an Ultra Beast once."

Lillie blinked a few times. "What? I wasn't-"

"Lillie, how could you not remember the accident with the Ultra Beast?! It took you and tried to carry you through a portal and Faba was there and-"

"Wait a minute," Sophocles interrupted. "Sometimes victims of a traumatic event suppress their memories in order to avoid dealing with negative emotions. Did she get really scared?"

"Of course she did! It's the reason she can't touch Pokémon!" Gladion said, banging his fist on the table as the answer was obvious.

The group went silent. Lillie stared at Gladion, trying to piece together what he said.

An event she couldn't remember (or perhaps subconsciously didn't want to remember) is the reason she couldn't touch Pokémon years later?

The Ultra Beasts are the source of my fear? Lillie asked herself.

Ash stood up. "That's the key!" he said to the group. "If Lillie can face an Ultra Beast, she should be able to touch Pokémon!"

Lana nodded. "That makes sense. It isn't normal Pokémon she's scared of: just these...weird ones."

Lillie was slightly uncomfortable having everyone dissect her mind as amateur psychiatrists. She decided to change the subject: "So...why come back now?" she asked her brother.