Chapter Fourteen: Aftermath

Wolf was running like a mad man along the corridor of the hospital, rudely crashing into a few people in his hurry. But he wasn't deterred and continued running with only one destination in mind.

He finally reached the room he was going to. Just as he opened the door, he heard someone say, "... lost the baby so you should –"

Wolf's heart dropped.

When he had fully opened the door, he saw Alexis sitting up in her bed, her hair a bit disheveled and her lips pale but still beautiful in his eyes. Elizabeth was beside her, holding her hand. The doctor was near the foot of Alexis' bed and there were a few other people too but Wolf's eyes were trained only on his wife's.

The doctor stopped talking the moment Wolf arrived and all eyes were trained on him.

He rushed to her, gently pulling her into his embrace. Elizabeth subtly gave the couple some space as she moved to sit on the couch instead.

"I love you," Wolf murmured. He kissed her on the forehead.

"I love you too," Alexis whispered back.

"Mr. Ford," the doctor greeted.

Wolf pulled away from Alexis, his arms cradling her face gently, "Are you okay?"

Alexis just smiled weakly at him.

The doctor answered instead, "Mrs. Ford is stable now. She's mildly anemic but for now, she just needs some rest."

Wolf finally tore his eyes away from Alexis and stared at the doctor, "The baby?"

"The baby is fine. As I was saying, she should be more careful as she almost lost the baby," the doctor kindly smiled.

Wolf's eyes lit up, and he exhaled in relief.

"Anyway, I'll leave you to talk in the meantime. I'll return later to do another round of checkup. We also need to consult with your ob-gyne as to how to best treat your mild anemia," the doctor said before she left.

Wolf looked at Alexis again, "What happened?"

But before Alexis could answer, Wolf heard someone clear his throat from behind him. Wolf finally glanced at the other people in the room and saw Marco leaning on the couch's arm rest while Chris was idly leaning on the wall far from Marco.

Elizabeth was seated on the couch, in the middle of two boys. She glared at Marco for interrupting Wolf and Alexis' moment.

"I'm really sorry, Alexis," Marco sincerely said.

Wolf squinted his eyes at him, "What do you mean you're sorry?"

Alexis placed her hand on Wolf's arm, "Babe."

"She saw us fighting. We were fighting in front of Liz' house when Alexis arrived. She... I guess seeing that caused too much stress for her and the baby..." Chris said, unable to look at the couple's eyes. He knew he was also at fault.

Wolf clenched his fists and gritted his teeth while Alexis tried to calm Wolf down by gently squeezing on Wolf's arm.

"Babe, I'm okay now," Alexis said. "And our baby is too."

Wolf really wanted to beat Marco and Chris to a pulp – add more bruises to their already bruised faces. But he knew it wasn't a good idea, not with Alexis in the same room.

"Get the fuck out of here," Wolf exclaimed, trying very hard to contain his anger.

"I'm sorry, Alexis," Chris added.

"I said get out! I don't want to see your faces in front of me or Alexis again," Wolf nearly shouted at them.

Marco and Chris understood why Wolf was angry. They knew if they were in his position, they'd be angry too. After all, their brawl nearly cost Wolf his baby, not to mention they caused serious harm on Alexis' health.