Chapter Two: Dinner Plans

"Wait, you mean you saw Marco last night?" Alexis asked.

The three of them were in the La Cinco Boutique, owned by world-renowned fashion designer and was also apparently Chandria's friend. They had collaborated regarding the design of Chandria's gown as well as her maid-of-honors and bridesmaids.

Chandria, Alexis, and Elizabeth had just gone to lunch and were waiting in the VIP lounge of the boutique for their dresses. It was their first gown fitting and it was to see if adjustments were needed to be made. Chandria was seated in a white leather couch in the middle of the room, a huge full length mirror was in front of them. Alexis and Elizabeth were in front of her, modeling the rose gold maid-of-honor dresses for her.

Elizabeth shook her head, "No. I didn't. I... I froze up when I heard him speak and when I heard him walking towards me... I ran."

"So what do you think, Ria?" Alexis asked as she twirled around. She was wearing a rose gold gown, with a sweetheart neckline, a high-low hem, and silk finish. She and Elizabeth were wearing the same dress, except Elizabeth's had a halter neckline.

"Why?" Chandria asked. "And I think it looks good, Lex. A little long though, we might have to ask them to trim the hem a little. And tighten it a bit around the waist."

"I... I couldn't. I couldn't do it. I mean, after seeing Coach Sam and then Alyssa... and being back in Beaufort... I just..." Elizabeth trailed off. "Anyway, does this really have to be in rose gold?"

"Of course, that's my color motif!" Chandria said. "You two will wear rose gold and my bridesmaids will be in nude colored gowns."

"Maybe it's time you wear another color other than black, Liz," Alexis glanced at her friend, concern etched all over her face. "I mean... it has been two years and..."

A lady came in the lounge interrupting their talk, "Miss Chandria, Señor Cinco is waiting for you in the dressing room with your wedding dress."

"Be back in a few minutes, girls," Chandria stood up, gently squeezing Elizabeth's arm as she passed by her.

Elizabeth slumped back on the couch and murmured, "I can't believe it's been two years. Why does it still feel like as if it happened yesterday?" She closed her eyes and images of the accident came flashing but it was interrupted by the ringing of a phone.

"Uhm, Liz, why is your Mom calling me?" Alexis asked as she raised her phone to show Elizabeth.

"Ugh, seriously? I've been ignoring her calls all morning so I guess she's resorted to calling my friends now," Elizabeth rolled her eyes.

"Do you want me to answer it?"

"Let me. I can't believe she's really bugging me right now," Elizabeth said as Alexis handed her the phone. "Ma, really? You're calling Lex?"

"Well you aren't answering my calls, I figured I'd get your friends to answer it for me," Mrs. Angelica said over the phone.

"What do you want?"

"Oh honey, you have a date tonight."

"What?! Are you seriously setting me up on a blind date?"

"Of course, honey. You won't do it, and as your mother, it's my duty to find you a suitable husband. You're not getting any younger, honey. Why, I got married when I was eighteen and you're now twenty-five and single."

"Ma, I'm not ready for that!"

"Honey, it's been a long time. Alvin's not co-"

"No! I said no! I'm not going on that blind date!"