Chapter Twelve: Phone Calls

Chandria was seated inside a posh restaurant in the Metro.

It's been a few days since she had a breakdown from all the stress. It helped somewhat that Alexis now knew about it and it was Alexis who advised her to distract herself and focus on other things too.

So Chandria had been scouting the Metro for a place where she could set up a museum of all the art she had painted herself and all those that she had collected over the years.

In fact, it was the reason she was in the restaurant right now – to meet a real estate agent that was referred to her by a friend.

"Hi, Chandria," she heard someone say. She looked up and saw the dazzling smile of a man maybe a few years older than she was. He was wearing a crisp business suit that was tailored perfectly for him and was handsome, Chandria had to admit. But not as handsome as her husband.

"I'm sorry, you are?" she said. He looked quite familiar but she couldn't quite place who he was.

The man just smiled and sat himself on the chair in front of her. He clasped his hands on the table and she noticed a gold ring on his right middle finger, a family crest seemed to be etched on it, but Chandria couldn't see it clearly.

"I'm sorry but I'm expecting someone," Chandria frowned a little. "And frankly, it's quite rude to sit yourself down without even introducing yourself."

The man's smile only grew wider, "Spunky, aren't you?"

"Do you need anything?" Chandria said.

"Just wanted to see you myself."

"And this is because?"

The man just shrugged, "Curiosity. Wanted to see for myself the girl that tamed John Ford."

Chandria felt something was very wrong, like every instinct she had was telling her to stand up and leave and that this man was a very dangerous man.

"What do you want?" Chandria said, mustering her courage.

"Just tell John this: the Fulgars always get what they want," the man smiled sinisterly.

It finally dawned to Chandria who this was. He was probably the youngest son of the Fulgar family: Michael Fulgar III.

"My husband won't be bullied by you and your family, Michael," Chandria said with as much contempt as she could.

"Ah, so you do know who I am," Michael said.

Chandria's phone, which was placed on the table, started ringing. Chandria glanced down and saw that it was John.

"Guess my time with you is up," Michael grinned as he stood up. "It was nice meeting you, Chandria."

Before he passed by Chandria, he paused and looked at her again, "Better watch your back."

Chandria didn't reply and just pursed her lips, her phone still ringing. It was only when she was sure Michael had walked out that she answered.

"Are you okay? Where are you?" John asked immediately.

"Bal, I'm... I'm okay. I'm at the La Luna restaurant," Chandria replied. "How did you..."

"I'm already on my way, I'll tell you later. Just stay there and wait for me, okay?"

"Okay, Bal."

They hung up the call and Chandria was startled when someone called her name again, "Ma'am Chandria. I am so sorry I'm late, I was... are you okay?"

"Oh... I'm, yeah," Chandria said as she stood up. "You're Genevieve, right? The real estate agent?"

"Genevieve Mendoza," Genevieve extended her hand. "It's nice to meet you."