Chapter One: Welcome Back

"Welcome back to Beaufort Academy!"

Students greeted as the alumni of the prestigious school poured inside its newly-built auditorium. It was where the Alumni Ball was being held and the current students of the academy were fervently welcoming the alumni who attended the ball.

Alexis, Chandria, and Elizabeth were on their way to the auditorium too, having just gotten down from their car. They were slowly walking as they were looking around and reliving memories when they themselves were just students there.

"A lot sure has changed," Chandria commented.

"Hey, you know where we should head first?" Alexis grinned.

The three girls looked at each other and smiled. "The swing!" they said in unison.

They hurriedly made a detour towards the back of the school, their dresses swishing along the cool breeze of the early evening. But as soon as they had a good view of the swing, they stopped on their tracks.

"Wow," Elizabeth gasped.

"Was... was it this grand before?" Alexis raised an eyebrow. "You did this Ria?"

"I'd love to tell you yes, but..." Chandria said.

The three of them stood there for a minute, looking at the swing the three of them treasured as it symbolized their friendship and sisterhood. But unlike before, the surroundings were covered with different colored flowers beautifully blooming around them. There were also soft, glowing lanterns up in the trees around the swing and sparkling lights around the handles of the swing, creating a magical feeling as if fairies were about to fly out of the bushes at any moment.

"Look! Look it's them!" the three of them heard a squeal from behind them. They turned around and saw a group of girls staring at them and then walking over to where they stood. They were also wearing gowns and were probably on their way to the auditorium when they saw Alexis, Chandria and Elizabeth.

"Oh my gosh! It's really you!" a petite girl said. She and her friends huddled together in front of Alexis, Chandria and Elizabeth, looking at them in adoration and glee at meeting their idols.

"Hi," Alexis smiled.

"Hi!" the girl next to the petite one squealed and extended her hand. "I'm Louise. A junior and the student council's vice-president! It's really you, Alexis! Goodness, I can't believe I'm meeting you!"

"Hi, Louise. It's nice to meet you," Alexis shook her hand.

"And these here are my friends, Jennifer, Emily and Penelope," Louise said as she pointed at her friends.

"OMG! OMG, it's really Elizabeth Natividad, OMG! I'm a fan! A huge fan! I watched all your modeling gigs and wear all the line you endorse!" Emily, the petite one, gushed.

"Thank you," Elizabeth beamed back at her.

"And Pen here and me are such fans of your artwork!" Jennifer said to Chandria. "Ugh, I wished I had some paper with me now so I could have you sign it or something!"

"Aw, that's so sweet of you," Chandria said.

"I can't believe the Power A.C.E. is back!" Louise grinned.

Chandria, Alexis, and Elizabeth looked at each other with puzzled expressions.

"You girls know about that?" Alexis asked.

"Of course! Who doesn't know about the three most famous graduates of this school! You girls are legends!" Emily exclaimed. "And we aim to be just like you!"

"I mean, every girl who stepped foot in this school knows just who you are! Alexis wasn't only the student council president but was also class valedictorian!" Louise said. "And graduated as one of the top students of her class at Harvard too! Every firm has their eye on her, and are only waiting for her to finish law school and ace the bar exam."