8x07 - A Little Slice Of Kevin

Forest Road – Day

Dean is driving while eating a bag of potato chips. A woman in a trench coat is walking along the road. As Dean overtakes the woman, he sees that it is Castiel.

Dean turns around to look at Castiel and breaks. He looks in the rear vision mirror as he stops the car, then reverses down the road. He leaves the car running on the road next to a sign for the Twin Pines Resort, gets out and looks around. There is no sign of Castiel.

**********

Motel Room – Night

Sam is asleep in bed. Dean is sitting on the other bed reading articles about the missing persons on the laptop. Lightning flash. Dean looks up to see Castiel standing at the window.

Dean closes the laptop and walks to the window. No one is there. Sam wakes "Dean? What's going on? Are you all right?" he throws back the covers and sits on the edge of the bed.

"I don't know. I just saw something"

"Uh, you saw what?" Sam stands up and walks over to Dean.

"Cas"

"Cas? Where?"

"Right there. And – and – and earlier, on the road. I feel like I'm seeing her"

"That's...not possible. I mean, you said it yourself. You made it out and she didn't, right?" Sam asks him.

"I tried so damn hard to get us the hell out of there" Dean turns away from the window and walks a few steps away.

"I know you did"

"You know, I could have pulled her out. I just don't understand why she didn't try harder" Dean tells him with his back to Sam.

"Dean" Sam walks over to Dean, who turns to face him "You did everything you could"

"Yeah, but why do I feel like crap?"

"Survivor's guilt?"

"Hmm"

"If you let it, this is gonna keep messing with you. You got to walk past it" Sam claps Dean on the shoulder and walks to the bathroom.

**********

Flashback – Purgatory

Benny, Dean and Castiel are walking through the forest.

"We're getting closer" Benny tells them.

"Really? I don't see crap. I mean, what the hell is this escape hatch supposed to look like?" Dean asks.

"He doesn't know" Castiel comments.

"Hey, you just drug me into the fire. Please tell me you know"

"It's here. They promised"

"Oh, they? Well, that's promising"

"Well, even if it does exist..." Castiel comments.

"Broken record, Cas" Benny tells her.

"Dean, it's a human portal. There's still no proof that an angel can pass—"

"Stow it, Cas. You're coming. That's final" Dean cuts her off.

"I'm just saying..." She puts a hand on Dean's shoulder. Dean stops and looks at her "...if it doesn't work...thank you for everything"