7x21 - Reading Is Fundamental

Hospital – Night

Castiel lies in bed with her eyes closed as lightning flashes and thunder claps. Meg, who is pretending to be Nurse Masters, is sitting by her bed listening to music and reading a magazine. Meg raises her eyes from the magazine to see that Castiel has sat up. She turns to look at her.

**********

Abandoned Building – Day

Sam's phone rings. "It's Meg" Sam answers the phone. "What?"

"What up, Bullwinkle? Just a little FYI call. Your girl's awake"

"what?" Sam turns to Dean "Cas is awake"

"When?" Dean asks. Sam puts the phone on speaker and holds it out "When?"

"Last night about eight"

"And you waited till now to call us?" Dean asks.

"I've been busy with Cas. She's just a tad different than when she dozed off, kay?" Meg tells them.

"What do you mean different?"

"Hey, Seacrest, guess what – not a nurse. Just playing one on TV. Want answers? Start driving" Meg hangs up.

"Great. So, Indiana?" Sam asks.

"Yeah. Eight o'clock last night"

"Yeah. Same time we opened up that thing" Sam says.

**********

Hospital – Night

Castiel is looking out the window in her room. Dean and Sam walk down the hallway.

"We raced all the way here, and now I don't know. I can't say I'm fired up to see what's left of the girl" Dean says.

"You think she remembers at all?" Sam asks.

"That, and I'm guessing whatever kind of hell baggage she lifted off of your plate. It's not gonna be pretty"

"Hey. Excuse me, gentleman, but it's way past visiting hours" An orderly tells them.

"It's okay, Abel. I've been expecting them. Hello, boys" Meg leads Sam and Dean to Castiel's room. Castiel is still staring out the window.

"Hey, Cas" Dean greets her.

She turns around "Hello, Dean. Sam"

"Hey, Castiel"

"Look at you, walking and talking. That's – that's great, right?" Dean asks.

Castiel walks over to Dean and points a finger at him "Pull my finger"

"What?" Dean asks.

"My finger – pull it" Dean does so.

There is a crash, the lights go out and window and light fixture shatter. Castiel laughs. Meg turns on a lamp.

"Okay, just hang on, Cas. Wait. Let us catch up to you for a second" Dean says.

"So, you're saying you remember who you are, what you are" Sam says.

"Yes. Of course. Oh. Outside today, in the garden, I followed a honeybee. I saw the route of flowers. It's all right there, the whole plan. There's nothing to add" Castiel tells them.

"You might want to add a little Thorazine" Sam says.

"Rigth? She's been like the naked girl at the rave ever since she woke up. Totally useless" Meg says.