7x01 - Meet The New Boss

Crowley's Lab – Night

The scene is exactly as we left it. Castiel stares at Dean and Bobby, waiting, as Sam staggers while standing behind her. After a beat, Bobby gets on his knees.

"Well, all right then. Is this good, or you want the whole forehead to the carpet thing?" Bobby asks, sarcastically. "Guys?"

Dean and Sam start to kneel.

"Stop. What's the point if you don't mean it? You fear me. Not love, not respect, just fear" Castiel says.

"Cas..."

"Sam, you have nothing to say to me; you stabbed me in the back" She turns to Bobby and Sam "Get up"

"Cas, come on, this isn't you" Dean tells her.

"The Castiel you knew is gone"

"So what, then? Kill us?"

"What a brave little ant you are. You know you're powerless, you wouldn't dare move against me again. That would be pointless. So I have no need to kill you. Not now. Besides...once you were my favorite pets before you turned and bit me"

"Who are you?" Dean asks her.

"I'm God. And if you stay in your place, you may live in my kingdom. If you rise up, I will strike you down. Not doing so well, are you Sam?" Castiel asks him.

"I'm fine..." He clears his throat "I'm...fine"

"You said you would fix him – you promised!" Dean reminds her.

"If you stood down, which you hardly did. Be thankful for my mercy. I could have cast you back into the pit" Castiel tells him.

"Cas, come on, this is nuts! You can turn this around, please!"

"I hope for your sake this is the last you see me" Castiel disappears.

Bobby, Dean and Sam look around and at each other for a few seconds, until Sam's nose starts to bleed.

"Sam, you okay?" Dean asks.

Sam sees a vision of himself burning in hell; he then falls to the ground and cuts his hand on some broken glass. He keeps seeing glimpses of his body on fire.

**********

Wooded Meadow In Heaven – Day

"Understand. If you followed Raphael, if you stood against me, punishment is certain; there is nowhere to hide. The rest of you, our father left a long time ago, and that was hard. I thought the answer was free will. But I understand now. You need a firm hand. You need a father. And I am your mother now. Be obedient, children. Or this will be your fate"

Castiel is standing in a meadow in heaven surrounded by dozens of dead angels, evident by all of the scorched black wing marks.

"It if a new day. On earth, and in heaven. Rejoice"

**********

Church – Day

The sign identifies the church as Lady of Serenity Church, and says "Believe in god he walks among us"

A reverend is preaching about homosexuality being wrong. "Plenty speak of them and their so-called lifestyle. Media, Hollywood, Lady Gaga won't shut up for love or money"

Congregation chuckles.

"Yeah, funny, but that's why we raise our voices! And picket their so-called weddings, and their funerals. Someone has to speak for god"