7x23 - Survival Of The Fittest

Rufus' Cabin – Day

There is a knock at the door. Sam takes out his gun.

"Maybe it's good news" Dean says.

Sam looks through a hole in the door, then opens the door to let in Meg "You deal with her. I can't anymore"

"You might want to be more specific" Dean tells her.

"I was laying low halfway across the world when emo girl pops up out of nowhere and zaps me right back here" Meg explains.

"Why?" Dean asks.

"Go ask her. She was your girlfriend first" Meg tells him.

**********

Vincent by Don Maclean plays. Dean walks over to a vehicle parked in front of the cabin. Castiel is sitting in the driver's seat. Dean leans in the open passenger window "Hey, there" Castiel raises a hand in greeting.

Dean straightens up, closes his eyes, shakes his head and sighs before leaning in the passenger window again. "So, Cas, what's, uh, what's, uh, what's the word?"

"Well, Dean, I've been thinking. Monkeys are so...clever, and they're sensible in that they leave the skins on the bananas that they eat. Is it really necessary to test cosmetics on them? I mean, how important is lipstick to you, dean?" Cas asks.

"Not very. You want to come inside and, uh, tell us what's going on?"

**********

"Now, you understand I don't participate in aggressive activity" Castiel picks up a bone and sniffs it. "Mm. Sister Mary Constant. Good choice"

"Why'd you go to Meg, Cas?" Dean asks.

"When I left, I wanted to observe the flowers – and fruit. Flowers come first, obviously. But I heard nothing from them"

"you heard nothing from who?" Sam asks.

"The Garrison"

"What happened to the Garrison?"

"Well, finally, the silence was deafening, so I went to look...to the home of the prophet. You know, Leviathan can kill angels. There's a reason why Father locked them in Purgatory. They're the Piranha that would eat the whole aquarium. They're gone. The entire Garrison – dead. If there's anyone left at all, they're in hiding" Castiel explains.

"Um, I'm sorry. If the angels are dead, where's Kevin?" Dean asks.

"I could steal them from their cages, the monkeys. But where would I put them all?" Castiel wonders.

"Hey!" Dean claps his hands "Focus. Is Kevin alive?"

"I don't want to fight"

"No. I'm not—" Dean says very calmly "We're worried"

"They took him. He's alive. I felt such responsibility, but it's on your hands now" Cas tells him.

"Wait. Hold on a freaking minute"

"I feel much better"

"Guys, what's all that?" Meg looks at Sam and Dean's spell paraphernalia.

"We called Crowley" Sam tells her.

"You what?"

"Don't worry. He never showed" Dean tells her.

"What do you mean never—"

"Do you see him anywhere? He stood us up" Dean interrupts her.

"Well, I'm sorry about that, but I'm outie. He could still sh—"