I HAD HIM ON THE ROPES

~~ELLIE~~

I was moving down the busy streets of Brooklyn, New York as I was on my way to the Future Technologies Exhibition that my older sister told me about. She always admired the Engineer Howard Stark for his knowledge of science but I think it is because she secretly harbored feelings for the man. Howard Stark made a name for himself in the world of science and engineering so I was intrigued to see what this whole exhibition had in store for the world. Turning down another street I got the vibe of danger with each step I took, digging my hands into my pockets I just kept my stride using my blue eyes to analyze everything around me. To my left I saw some couples keeping close to one another as they moved down the sidewalks and to my right I could see many men leaning on the walls sharing conversations with one another. As I past them their eyes turned onto me, their eyes scanning me like I was fresh meat and their disgusting cat calls filled my ears. I just kept moving forward with my eyes remaining forward and ignoring all of their attempts to get my attention. My long blonde hair rested onto my bed back with a black dress moved with every pace I took. My hands were picking at the fabric of my fake fur coat while I chewed on my inner cheek trying not to show any emotion towards these sleaze balls. Soon I was away from them and let out a small sigh with relief as I continued to the exhibition that was about a few more blocks away. My feet stopped abruptly when I saw three other guys running past me and into the nearby alleyway. They were muttering a few unpleasant things but it wasn't towards me, I watched them disappear before I began to walk again. Then I heard some taunting and cheering coming from the alleyway, it sounded like bystanders cheering on a bully which pissed me off. Taking in a deep breath I turned on my heel making my way towards the same alley the three other boys ran towards. Coming into my view were the three boys who were the ones cheering and ahead of them was another man fighting a scrawny young man. I could see blood dripping from the scrawny man's lip but it looked like they weren't backing down, that kid had heart I would give him that. Soon after a few more moments of watching the fight I knew I couldn't let this kid continue to be beaten up.

"Don't you boys have anything better to do then fight eachother?" I asked with my British accent pushing from my lips leaning against the wall watching all of them turn to look at me. After they saw me they began to laugh at the sight of me standing there.

"Why don't you just go princess and let us boys be boys?" the one who was beating up the kid suggested before turning back to the kid preparing to strike him again.

"How about a bet then?" I offered watching him stop then turned back to look at me, his eyes showed some intrigue and he moved towards me while his friends held the scrawny kid in their grasps.

"Oh and what would that be sweetheart?" he asked his eyes running up and down my body giving me the sleazy vibe again.

"You and me...the first one to hit the ground wins. If I win then you and your friends leave the kid alone for good." I began standing up in front of the sleazy guy with my heels making me stand nearly at eye level. He turned to his friends who were laughing at the thought of a girl fighting which wasn't the necessary norm in America.