17. Road Trip

Niall had to go home to get more of his belongings for the trip, giving his mother a quick kiss before doing up to his room. She didn't want to bring Bobby in and cause a disturbance, as they hadn't seen their son in a while, so she left them both be.

After gathering all that he could in his duffle bag, the Irish boy left the house and entered Zayn's car as the man and Liam had been waiting for him outside.

He gave the man a slight nod, letting Zayn drive off as the taller brunette grabbed Niall's bag to see what he gathered. He found a few toiletries here and there, more clothing than what was already in the trunk, swim trunks and other amenities.

The thought of being away from his home finally hit Liam, wondering what would happen in the next month when being with Zayn and Niall all alone. He felt nervous, of course, but also a bit exhilarated.

Zayn drove for the next few hours, stopping from time to time for bathroom breaks, enduring the many conversations that he and other two had.

Niall sang along to some songs whenever they didn't know what to talk about, Zayn and Liam appreciating his voice more and more as it sounded beautiful even after all he went through with his transitioning.

The boy needed to endure one last surgery in order to finally be comfortable with himself, Zayn and Liam feeling prepared to do all that they could to treat him to whatever necessary after said surgery.

Whether it be giving him food, letting him rest, or whatever. They wouldn't want to stress him out or have him feel uneasy after such difficult appointment. The two knew that the operation involved a lot of technical work, but felt nervous about the outcome and what may happen during it.

Niall reassured them for the past few months that it wouldn't be as worrying as the other ones, knowing of other people that gone through it and came out happier than when they walked in. It made him feel more prepared and antsy to get the operation done, but he had to wait still.

The trio eventually made it to Australia and to a hotel near the Gold Coast beach, treating themselves to the best vacation when witnessing the view. Niall didn't want to look away as the sun made the water shimmer and glow beautifully, a sigh he'd never seen before as he sighed happily.

“This is absolutely beautiful,” the Irish boy breathed out with a bright smile, turning to see Zayn and Liam making out which made him groan slightly. But Liam pulled away when seeing Niall all by himself, tugging Zayn along as he felt a bit bad as well.

Both wrapped their arms around the boy, giving him a bit of pity as they stared out into the magnificent view that Niall wanted to appreciate for the next week.

He gave the two each a kiss to the lips though, slipping away from their grip to go into the kitchen with a flick of the light.

It became a big dark when entering their hotel room, so Niall wanted to enhance the mood with a bit of something to drink. Zayn smirked when seeing the wine and vodka, slipping by the Irish boy's side as Liam stood on the other side of the counter.

“Didn't think you'd wanna drink before your operation, love,” Zayn spoke in Niall's ear softly, sending chills up and down his spine as he poured some vodka and wine in glasses that he found in the cabinet.

“Figured I'd get out of my comfort zone a little bit while we went on this road trip, but if you don't want to drink, Li, it's fine.” Liam nodded, chuckling as he went over to the fridge to grab some apple cider instead, pouring some in a glass that he found.

“I'd rather see you two get drunk to the point where you spill some dirty secrets.” Niall blushed and shrugged his shoulders, sipping at his drink as Zayn did the same, eyeing the younger male in front of him.