10. Giving In

Quick A/N: So there'll be bits of past and present tense sentences. Hope it won't be confusing.

Dedicated to: imzadinot

It's the night of the play and both Liam and Niall are talking about going to it with the occasional groaning and eye rolling.

Niall really wants the brunette to go, but the English boy keeps on refraining the offer. Even if he is trying to see a new light with the help of the Irish boy, going out into the world after all the drama seems bad.

Niall keeps on insisting that it isn't a terrible idea, trying to get into his head enough for them to be able to go the olay without any troubles. He eventually succeeded with a smile across his face, bringing Liam into a tight and close hug.

What the pair didn't know though, was that they'd be doing more than just going to the play itself, and Louis would make sure to tell them exactly what they'll be doing.

They get ready as fast as possible before Liam drives them to the school, making sure to be extra careful with the Irish boy being in the car as well.

Once they make it to their school in one piece, Liam gets out fast enough to help Niall on his side, smiling at each other before entering the school while looping their arms together.

They eventually make it into the gymnasium where the play was going to be held at, but got confused when noticing that the set was only half finished.

Niall seemed to be the more confused one, pulling Liam along towards Louis who was talking with Eli and Becky.

“I thought the play was tonight, Lou? I finally got Liam to come with, but-”

“Don't you worry your pretty little head, Niall. We got an extension, because we were still figuring out who to cast as Romeo and Jules. Although, Eli, Becky and I decided that it should be you two doing their parts!” Liam frowned from the feathery haired boy's words while Niall began to smile from ear to ear with happiness.

“That's a perfect idea, Lou! I hope that Liam can actually act in this play.” Niall nudges the English boy who rolls his eyes playfully, receiving the script from Becky after a few moments.

He looks it over as Niall talks with the other three, looking at the script himself as the smile never seemed to fade away from his face. Liam was very clueless about the whole plot, not having read the story throughout his life.

Niall realized that moments after speaking with three friends who were hard at work, placing a hand on Liam's shoulder as he grinned. “This is all brand new for you in different types of ways, huh, Liam?” The English boy blushed a little, nodding as he continued to scan each page with care and much needed attention.

“Y-Yeah, uhm... I hope you can summarize the actual story to me, so I can try and get this role down perfectly. I know there's kissing and lovey dovey scenes, but I don't mind kissing you, since I trust you and only you with my life in this school.” Niall blushed faintly from Liam's words, feeling his heart skip a beat as he rolled his own script up and slipped it in his pocket carefully.

“I guess I should he happy about that, but what about after all that happened between us? Didn't think you'd be so comfortable kissing me soon...” Liam chuckles, shoving his friend lightly while he could feel his cheeks heating up from embarrassment. He didn't know how to feel.

“I guess that's what makes me so comfortable. Getting to know all about you, what happens throughout the process that you're going through, I don't know. It's brought us closer, if I'm being honest with you. Kissing you seems a little overboard, but if we have to act that out, then I'll do it for you and everyone else.” Niall nodded a little, turning towards the stage as Liam continued to stare directly at him.