16. Full Circle

Liam felt his cheeks become warm at the question, biting his bottom lip while Zayn began to pet their puppy slowly.

"We learned to get along rather quickly, actually. Bonding over a few topics here and there, but we also began to have feelings for each other," Zayn spoke like it was the easiest thing he ever said.

Niall chuckled, raising his brow when looking over at the man then at Liam. It wasn't possible for them to already have feelings for each other after all that had happened unless someone put a spell on them both, which didn't seem likely and that made the Irish boy a little worried.

"You aren't pranking me, right? I mean, you two hated each other just yesterday and now that's replaced with affection? How?" The two shrugged respectively, looking at each other with small smiles on their faces.

"As Zee said, we figured out that we had some topics in common, so much that our hate became appreciation, but don't think that you aren't out of the picture, love. We still want you as ours, but we want each other as well if that's okay." Niam nodded slowly, the confused look on his face changing into a happier one as he held each one of their hands with his own.

"It's a wonderful idea, you two. This will give us more time to hang out even, to spend more time with each other rather than scheduling specific days." The pair nodded, kissing Niall's cheek on their sides as the puppy laid in the middle silently.

After their short conversation, Liam grew tired with a short yawn. The puppy perked up from this and went over to him, making the brunette smile before he stood up, scooping him in his arms carefully after giving Zayn and Niall kisses to the cheek.

"We should call him Benji," Niall said as Liam began to leave. He turned and gave the Irish boy a wink, walking away with Benji in his arms towards the bedroom.

This left Zayn and Niall alone, snuggling on the couch as they sat in silence. Neither had a clue on what to say, but the Irish boy felt a ping of jealousy hit him hard.

He knew that he had both Liam and Zayn in his life as lovers, but the fact that they could want some time alone without him made him feel uneasy and worried.

Niall didn't want to endure this jealousy after what the two went through already, watching them grow more keen on having him in his life more often when he wanted to hang out with them both equally. It's tough handling the relationship and he wished that it'd be easier, but it couldn't.

Zayn noticed the frustrated look on the Irish boy's face as he looked deep in thought, kissing his head to bring him out of it and to talk with him about the obvious issue that he brought upon him.

"I know this won't be easy, baby boy, but Liam and I love you to pieces, okay? Sure, he and I found affection for each other, but that doesn't change a single thing between us. I need you to know that."

Niall sighed and rested his head on Zayn's chest, wrapping an arm around his stomach as he listened to his heartbeat that played on repeat, calming him down.

"I do know that, babe. I just thought that I wouldn't have to share either of you, so I guess I'm in the predicament that you were in before now..." Zayn laughed softly and ran his right-handed fingers through the Irish boy's hair, noting how soft it was.

"Indeed you are, but maybe that's a good thing, to go through what Liam and I did." Niall hummed quietly, sitting up to turn towards Zayn, staring deep into his eyes.

"What if I need you when you two want to be alone together, or if I just need to talk to someone, or if-" Zayn placed one of his fingers on the Irish boy's lips with a smile, letting out a quick sigh before speaking.