03. Late Shift

December 7th, 2018~

He needed to talk with someone. Niall needed to be with someone that could relate to his problems, and fix what he needed in order to be at peace with himself. His feelings were becoming too much to handle, and he needed to cry it all out fast.

Thankfully, he was still working his night shift at the bar, but Louis and Harry weren't there as it was late. Nick was still by his side after a week, never wanting to leave it as the sight of Niall made him feel more calm and sweet.

It was like the frail boy had some sort of effect on him that he didn't want to let go of. Niall was something special, and Nick didn't ever want to lose after him.

Even if it has only been a week, he felt close to the boy, like he was made to take care of him like a father figure. He knew that he couldn't date, or be with him in that kind of way, but someone will, and they'd better make him happy since he couldn't ever do that.

Nick noticed that Niall was feeling a little off though, so he had decided to get a little closer to him and try to get his problems out of him in any way that he could, besides the obvious things that he couldn't do.

“Is someone bullying you? I could definitely throw a punch or two to stop them, you know.” That made Niall smile a little, but he shook his head, sighing as he placed his head upon Nick's shoulder as they worked at their normal pace.

“My father still doesn't respect that I'm transitioning. I finally got my T this morning, and I'm happy that I'm getting to use it, but he still doesn't acknowledge that I'm really a boy and not his girl Natalie. He needs to learn how to cope before I change all the way.” Nick frowned a little, passing Niall the next few drinks as the orders came flying in. Although it was late, the pub was filled with needy, horny men who needed drinks and attention.

“I can understand that, but you have to realize that he had a daughter who he loved and cherished. Now, you didn't mean to give her away, but it was your choice, and he'll learn to love and appreciate for you who you are. It just takes a lot of time before then.” Niall nodded, sighing, because he knew that Nick was right as usual. He was the true father figure that Niall appreciated, and not his actual father, who doesn't care for him at all.

“Thank you, Nick. I'm just way too impatient with anything nowadays, but I'm super glad that you gave me this job to focus on getting what I need. Thanking you isn't enough, though.” Nick just shrugged, because it didn't matter.

He then patted Niall's lower back as Zayn grabbed a few of the drinks on the platter. He winked at the brunette, who smiled adorably at him in seconds. Nick noticed and smirked a little at the two. What was going on?

“Being with someone like Zayn can only bring you trouble, because of who he has been with in the past, but if you want him, go for it.” Niall quickly shook his head, the smile coming back to his face while he received another tip. This was another good night for him.

“I could never go for him. Maybe for a one night stand, but nothing serious. Although, I could probably never do a one night stand thing, because it'd be way too awkward to see him at work after that; what if he would catch feelings?” Nick laughed softly at the teen boy, rolling his eyes at the problem Niall seemed to be facing.

“I assure you that it wouldn't go that way, love. Him and I had a one night stand, and he's still working for me. It'd be alright,” he assured the boy, who then gasped a little at that fact. It was a little shocking to say the least, and a little traumatized for Niall.

“You did not, Nick.”

“Oh, yes I did, and he surely knows how to handle an ass. So I suggest you give it a shot, if you're comfortable with it, of course.” Niall shook his head, the blush rising to his ears as he became more and more flustered. He could never do such a thing, even if strings weren't attached with the tatted beauty.