twenty-seven

***

taehyung breathed out deeply , before turning back to look at the younger again. his heart broke the moment he looks at him. he had never seen jeongguk cried this badly. it looks like he really needs him to stay. but he doesn't know what to do. " taehyung , will you stay? please give me a chance... for me to love and protect you again... " jeongguk said in a low voice , also unable to speak properly.

" t-then tell me... where were you all this time... where did you go when i needed you.. w-why.. did you disappear? "

" i went to search for my dad... i tried to search him everywhere , i even went to his company to search for him... i knew that he escaped when his company got bankrupt but i still had to find him... i'm tired tae.. really tired... "

" s-so did you find him..? " taehyung was quite surprised actually , to find out that jeongguk actually went to busan to search for his dad. " h-he passed away five months ago... he actually got involved in a car crash trying to escape. " taehyung's eyes widened and he felt his heart crashed.

" i hate him for being useless , for refusing to work harder , for abandoning himself to despair. " jeongguk pauses , taking a deep breath before speaking again. " but it's okay. it's too late anyways. "

" j-jeongguk ah.. i-i'm so sorry... " taehyung said , his voice trembling. " it's fine... that's why i came back to find you again... i missed you a lot , taehyung.. " jeongguk said looking directly into taehyung's eyes then wiping off his tears with his fingers. " y-you should've told me earlier... i couldn't stop thinking about you... i was having a difficult time.. "

" i-i know... i'm really sorry... " jeongguk's voice suddenly became softer , he smiled as he pulled taehyung and hugged him tightly. he then starts to feel relieved , bit his eyes got blurry and pain starts to ache in his head once again. taehyung wrapped his arms around jeongguk's neck which his brows furrowed after that. " j-jeongguk why's your body so hot? " taehyung asked worriedly but jeongguk didn't reply. he suddenly felt the younger's head falling ontop of taehyung's shoulder and both of his arms that's wrapped around taehyung's body now falls to the side. jeongguk suddenly falls to the ground which taehyung followed.

" JEONGGUK! " taehyung shouted and placed his palm on jeongguk's cheek. he wasted no time by pulling jeongguk and putting his arms over his shoulder then brought him into his apartment. he placed the male on his bed and took out his shirt and pants. jeongguk was sweating so much and his body temperature was burning. taehyung hesitates at first , but later he just took out jeongguk's boxer underneath the blanket. he quickly went to take a bowl of cold water and a cloth then started wiping his body and placed another cloth on his forehead.

taehyung stared at him worriedly as he skimmed him ,
jeongguk seems like he had been skipping his meals and never stop searching for his dad all those times because he looks thinner and he must have been really exhausted. that could be the reason why he's really sick.

***