Chapter 35: Wren & Vince

So last chapter, a reader, by the name of _hoodlums, requested that I explain the concept of the Alexandrite ring. Well, it's just a gift/decoy ring to the idiots (*cough* Lady Callahan and Malona *cough*). It was more of a gift for her coming to England for him. If you haven't noticed, Vincent is one of those guys who showers his girl in jewelry.

Chapter 35: Wren & Vince

Shadé

I can tell in his eyes that he didn't want me to leave. He wanted me to stay with him, just as bad as I wanted to stay. It wasn't like I wasn't coming back, because I was. I just needed to hear this for myself and see my brother one last time.

He was leaned against his car with his hands in the pockets of his black pants. His face was contorted into a way that made it seem like I just told him I wanted a divorce. Well, not quite, but he looked very hurt.

We were both wearing sweaters today because it was one of those cold days in May. I wanted to hug him and remind him how much I love him, but he seemed so angry.

"Okay, take care of the twins and my grandmother, okay," I said quietly. I felt a strong pang of hurt when he didn't acknowledge me. He wasn't looking at me nor was he giving me any hint that he heard me. It was as if I didn't say a word.

I turned around, figuring that he wasn't in the mood to talk. However, my assumption was wrong when he grabbed my arm and pulled me against him. He wrapped his arm protectively around my waist, burying his face into the crook of my neck. I craned my neck upward to give him more access. He kissed tenderly at the cold flesh as he murmured something to me.

"What did you say," I asked, embracing his delightful scent.

"I said I'm going to miss you," he said before pecking my lips.

"We'll only be gone for three days, actually less than that. We're only staying a full day in New York," I explained, wrapping my arms around his waist and looking up at him, at my husband. It really felt good saying that. Well, thinking it.

"Okay. Be careful, once those Yanks see that wedding band, you're going to be on the cover of every magazine," he said warningly.

"I will, I have Tori with me. I can't let them get to her," I said, leaning up to kiss him.

"Your Grace, we're ready for take off," Clark said from behind me.

"Thank you, Clark," I said. "I'll be back before you know it. I love you, Vince," I kissed him once before stepping back.

"I love you, too, Shadé," he called as I boarded onto the jet. Harry came in behind me, handing me a sleeping Tori.

"Thank you," I said, being wary of the growing baby in my stomach.

After settling Tori into the jet's bedroom, I rushed to the window in the conference room just in time to see my husband waving at the plane. I waved back to him, knowing he can't see me, but it's the thought that counts.

______________

By the time we landed, I realized that me coming to New York was no secret at all. Well, at least it seemed that way.

"It's the future Queen of England," a man said as a group of people began crowding toward me.

I mentally groaned at both the man's idiocy as well as how annoying he and these other people were. I immediately scooped Tori into my arms while Clark and Harry stood protectively around me. I never realized how big these two really were until I noticed how well they managed to keep these people away from us. They both had to be at least 6'5".