Chapter 13: The Old Lady Who Swallowed the Fly

Bol don't judge me on the title of this chapter. But keep in mind to play the video to the side if you want to hear the whole song though. Don't play it now, you'll know went to play it. Oh, and no Shadé in this chapter...

Alright, let's go!

Chapter 13: The Old Lady Who Swallowed the Fly

Vincent

I have less than two weeks before I have to leave and I have yet to see Caine and Valencia. That little stunt Folashadé pulled on me, slapping me that is, was very unnecessary.

It bothers me to think that maybe she really likes this guy. Maybe she doesn't give a damn about me. But, still, I feel like she isn't thinking about anyone but herself. If she's still with him when the twins grow up, which is most likely not going to happen on my watch, they're going to ask questions about why Caine looks different than the rest. I wouldn't want my children to look adopted.

"So fucking stupid," I said to myself as I slowly shook my head. After staring at the skyline through my floor-to-ceiling window, I decided it was time I took a visit to Folashadé's apartment.

I treaded toward my hotel's door, quickly opening it to reveal Rodney standing behind the door. His fist was balled up, as if he was going to knock on the door and his face was slightly startled. I know I kind of raised my voice at him, but he and I understood I was very upset. It wasn't the first time it has happened. In fact, ever since Shadé left England, I've been getting loud with everyone back home.

"Is there something wrong, Rod," I asked, raising a dark eyebrow.

"No. But, it seems like you're ready to go," he replied, taking in my casual attire.

"Go where," I asked dubiously.

"To the daycare. We have to be there by eleven," he explained vaguely.

Daycare? Eleven? "When was this scheduled," I asked, annoyed.

"You forgot already!? Damn, Vince, Lance told us this on our first night here," he said exasperatedly.

I racked my brain, thinking hard about our first night in New York. Eventually, the memory came back to me. "Oh. What time is it now," I asked, quickly examining the time on my Michael Kors' watch. 10:38.

"It's 10:38. We have to go now. Melanie and Lance are already on their way there in the other limo," Rodney hurried, turning away from me and heading down the hall to the elevator.

I sighed disdainfully for the fact that I couldn't visit Folashadé's apartment. I really wanted to see my children, but I'm sure I can go once I'm done.

__________

"Vincent, I doubt that frowning will make the children like you," Rodney said, jokingly as we pulled up to the daycare. Dainty Child Care Center.

My frown deepened as my eyes narrowed in his direction. I was in no mood to listen to the foolishness. I'm upset and I honestly don't want to read to a group of little lads. I love kids, I really do, but right now, reading to them wasn't something I was too excited about.

"Vincent, I'm starting to believe it's that time of the month. Are you on your period," Rodney questioned mockingly.

"I'm about two seconds from smashing your face against the window," I threatened, hoping he'd just shut up already.

"Sure you will," he said tauntingly as he stepped out of the limo. "Are you coming," he asked, realizing I hadn't followed him.

I sighed irritatingly, as I adjusted my blue tie. I silently prayed that this reading session will go by quickly. The faster I read, the quicker I'll be done.