Chapter 1: Birthday Twins

WARNING: PLEASE DO NOT READ UNLESS YOU HAVE READ THE PREQUEL "I'm Having a Royal Baby" Thank You :)

BTW, I do not tolerate disrespect against another person's opinion. Therefore, if any of you feel the need to come at My Best Friend (Bahamian_goddess) disrespectfully because she voiced her opinion, then I PROMISE to put this book on a 30-day hold. I'm sorry but the disrespectful readers WILL ruin it for those of you who are actually enjoying this. I can be a sweetheart, but I can be crude as well.

Keep this ^^^ in mind as you read

Chapter 1: Birthday Twins

Vincent

Left punch. Right punch. Left uppercut. Right uppercut. Repeat.

My fists rammed into the punching-bag repeatedly. Perspiration dripped down my forehead, and furthering down to my jaw, landing on my bare chest.

I grunted with each powerful strike to the large sand bag. Each punch was becoming stronger, harder. I was feeling destructive. I was feeling pain, hurt, and anger all at once.

It's been sixteen months since I've seen the woman who constantly haunts my dreams. And it's been sixteen months since I've seen my children. However, It felt like sixteen years.

It pained me so much to think my children aren't growing up without me; without their father. Could I really blame her for leaving me? No. I was wrong, and I shouldn't have accused her. I should've trusted her like lovers do, but after being betrayed by my family, it's so hard for me to ever trust people so easily. Even to this day.

Although I do not trust my own blood, my family, I have managed to rekindle any issue between myself and the rest of them. Melanie, even though she's birthed my little nephew, Elliot Alexander, into the Royal Family, has become a very close friend of mine. In my opinion, we were better as friends than we were as a couple.

Don't think that Melanie's friendship with me is the same as Folashadé's. I wanted Folashadé, and still do. And I respect Rodney's feelings for Melanie, however, Melanie doesn't feel the same for him. Albeit, the two are married. But, I'm sure you could tell it isn't a very good marriage.

The country knows of Melanie's antics, and believe me, there aren't too many fans out there rooting for her. She can't even leave the castle without having a few bodyguards by her side. But as a friend, I feel bad for her. People send her hate mail everyday, expressing their feelings on how she's destroying the Royal Family. My parents know of this, and so does she and her family, but they choose to ignore it. Her sister, Malona, doesn't speak to her as closely as she used to either.

The punching bag suddenly went flying as the chains broke, pulling me back into my lonely reality. The reality that I have without my love and our children.

I cracked my neck to release the tense muscles within them. I chucked the punching bag over my shoulder and headed to the gym's equipment room.

I was used to breaking my sandbags off their chains. So far, I've only broken about 324 since I've discovered this as a way to relieve my pain.

I walked into the equipment room to replace the broken punching-bag with a new one. When I turned out of the room, Melanie and my one-year old nephew stood in the threshold of the gym's doors.

"Hey," I greeted them breathlessly as I picked the punching bag up with one hand. Melanie's eyes quickly darted to my torso and back to my face.

"Hey," she greeted with a gentle wave from her free hand. "Eli, say hi to uncle Vinny," she continued, looking at her son.