Chapter 15: Parents

Many of you have been hoping and praying for an update, but guys, you have to be patient with me. When I say I'm going to upload a chapter a certain day, I do it, right? Of course. That's because I know I can do it that day.

But yeah... Finals is next week! God, I just want to get this school stuff over with so summer can just crawl its sexy Jensen-Ackles-look-a-like ass into my bed!

Lol ok I'm done

Chapter 15: Parents

Shadé

A lot of things can make a man happy; money, sex, cars, sometimes food. But children? How many men do you know actually want to be around children? Not many. When I was in high school, majority of the guys were repulsed by children. Some even admitted that they didn't want children until they were in their early 40s. I, myself, wasn't thinking about having my first child until I was 30. But Vincent...he was the only man I knew to be genuinely happy to play with a bunch of toddlers. The way he smiled at them, his happiness always reached his eyes. The lines that would form around his mouth when he smiled seemed more prominent, as if he smiled harder with them. Ezra didn't even display that much happiness when playing with Tori.

My phone ringed briefly, signaling that I received a text message from Darrell.

'Is everything okay,' I silently read.

I glanced up from my phone, just in time to see Vincent catch Tori at the end of the slide. Tori wasn't even his daughter, but yet he was treating her the same as he did the twins. He didn't single any one of them out. I was beginning to think that he just enjoyed playing with children in general.

I looked back down to the rectangular screen of my phone and began typing up my reply. 'Everything's fine. We're at the park.' I tap the send icon on the screen and went back to watching him playing with the trio of toddlers.

Caine was beginning to warm up to him, but I think its only because he wanted Vincent to push him on the swing. He may be adorable beyond the limits, but he was a major user. He just didn't know it yet. Those big, blue eyes of his could practically get him anything he wanted. However, when he starts school, he's going to have to learn to not take advantage of people, especially girls.

My phone ringed again. I quickly picked it up and read the message.

'So you took my advice?'

I rolled my eyes. Darrell got a kick out of being right. 'Yes. Yes I-,' an abrupt vibration on the other end of the table ceased me from finishing my text. I looked at the gold iPhone 5S, knowing it was Vincent's. He told me to watch it before he went to play with the babies.

I ignored the call and went back to finishing my message.

Seconds after I sent my message, his phone began to vibrate again.

I snatched his phone up to see that Melanie was calling him. I wasn't sure if I should answer or not. I hate the bitch, and although I wasn't with Vincent, the fact that Melanie was calling him bothered me. She's married...to his brother. She should know her boundaries. But would it be wrong of me to answer for him? I think so, especially when it's her.

"Vincent," I called from the picnic bench I was seated at. He was currently attempting, and succeeding, in pushing three toddlers on a swing at the same time.

He was so concentrated on their joyous squeals that I knew he didn't hear me. "Vincent," I yelled again, a bit louder.

His bright blue eyes snapped their gaze to me. They were the bluest I'd ever seen them get.