Chapter 27: Breakfast for His Queen

This chapter is dedicated to gottagetitright32. I am in love with her story A Love that Was Housebound... I just wish she'd update though :'(

Anyway, thank you weyheybebe for apologizing, although you weren't the one who called me a brat, I still appreciate and accept it :)

And thank you to all of you who understood where I was coming from, it means a lot that many of you are understanding :')

Chapter 27: Breakfast for His Queen

Vincent

Melanie had a black eye, a busted, and swollen lip, a broken nose, and a scar on her upper forehead. I don't know why, but I felt that I had to justify the reason why Shadé attacked her. I mean, the most obvious reason was hatred. Melanie's done a lot of slick things. I've seen them, even when Shadé isn't looking. At times, I'm relieved when she doesn't. However, I wasn't exactly concerned with that matter. My family can argue with me all day, but at the end of the day, they all know that she deserved it.

I couldn't sleep all last night. I kept thinking about that ridiculous argument Shadé and I had yesterday afternoon. She didn't talk to me at all for the rest of the day, even at dinner. She sat the twins on one side of the table, just so there would be a distance between us. Believe me, the woman was pissing me off, sometimes I feel like I want to break something. But, regardless, I still love her. I know I promised myself that I wasn't going to argue with her, but I couldn't help it. I had to justify my reason for not using those stupid condoms. Condoms are for people who don't want a commitment. I want a commitment with her; I want a life-long commitment.

I released a deep sigh, causing Valencia to jolt in her sleep. Unfortunately, she rolled onto my chest after I got back in bed earlier this morning after checking on Shadé. I honestly would've gotten back up at this point, but since Val was so comfty lying on me, I had to stay.

I looked to my left to see Caine lying on his back, every limb was everywhere. One foot was on my pillow, the other under the sheet. Not only was he all over the place, but he was sleeping horizontally. Sadly, I woke up with his foot near my mouth.

It surprised me that Shadé didn't come in here to get them. Hell, it surprised me that she didn't leave. She had all yesterday to tell me she wanted to go back to New York, yet she didn't. A part of me felt that she was actually willing to stay here a bit longer, for our son and daughter. But another part of me felt that she was intending for yesterday to be her last day. If her reason was the latter, then I had to get on my hands and knees to make her stay as planned.

Valencia suddenly stirred in her sleep, burying her face into the fabric of my pajama shirt. In the process of doing so, she tried to rub her eyes. Why she even tried doing that, and thinking it would work, was beyond me. But, eventually, she got pissed and started crying softly.

"Aww, Val, come on. Are you hungry, my little princess," I whispered in a raspy voice. I held her close to me as I carefully got out of bed.

Just as I settled her on her feet, Caine rolled onto his stomach and sat up, lethargically rubbing at his eyes.

"Are you hungry too, Caine," I asked him, curiously.

He slowly nodded as he continued rubbing at his eyes. I picked him up and set him on his feet beside his sister.

After pulling on my robe and brushing our teeth, the twins and I left the room. We headed to the kitchen, noticing that there were a few maids cleaning up various parts of the palace. It's hard to believe that Shadé could go from being that one maid who was concerned enough to go to my room and ask me if I was okay, to becoming the woman that gives me both headaches and heartaches.