Chapter 25: Royal State Funeral

I might be posting the first chapter of Blind Desires pretty soon. But I don't know...

Chapter 25: Royal State Funeral

Vincent

My family were literally a bunch of walking stereotypical cunts. I knew the moment we walked into the dining hall, that I would regret staying for dinner. And then my mother; my God, why had my mother have to go out of proportion? Shadé hadn't done anything to her, so why did she snap like that? One minute she was in a sea of tears, and the next she was acting like a raging monkey.

I looked over toward Shadé. The black silky material of her dress hugged her body so magnificently. I narrowed my eyes questionably as I debated whether or not it was a sin to fornicate after a funeral. I didn't want to seem disrespectful in any way to my father's spirit, but while staring at her in that dress, I knew I had to use all of my willpower not to touch her.

"Dawddy, ju hashta ," Valencia's question forced me to tear my gaze away from Shadé's blissful body.

"What's wrong," I asked her, smiling at the fact she finally addressed me as 'daddy'.

"Ju hasta mo," she asked as she furrowed her brows angrily, handing me her water bottle.

I'm just going to assume she wanted more water. "Do you need more," I asked, accepting the Captain America water bottle she'd given me. She nodded dramatically while I blinked a few times, wondering if this was her water bottle or her brother's.

"Um, Shadé, is this Val's bottle," I inquired, turning to see her adjusting Caine's black suit.

She glanced at the cup and nodded. "Caine's water bottle has a blue top, hers has pink," she explained.

I guess it is her water bottle.

"Oh. Well, I'm going to refill her water bottle and then we'll leave, okay," I suggested. She nodded in response.

I treaded out of the room, but the moment I was going to close the door after me, Shadé yelled my name.

"What's wrong," I asked, panicking.

"Vincent, she's behind you! You almost closed the door on her," she said, holding her hand to her chest with worry.

I looked down to see Valencia standing between the door and its frame. "I'm sorry, Val," I apologized, allowing her to walk out into the hall. "We'll meet you outside," I said, directing my words to Shadé.

She nodded before I closed the door.

I kid you not, walking with Valencia was an... adventure. We had to stop about ten times because she either wanted to touch something or look at something. I tried picking her up, but she hyperventilated and threw her tantrums, so I let her walk. She must've been so mad at me because she didn't even want to look at me the rest of the way. The similarities between her and her mother were just too much. I definitely felt like I was walking with a baby Folashadé. After refilling Valencia's water bottle and getting her to look at me again, she and I met Shadé and Caine outside the palace.

"She's a handful by herself," I commented as we watched Valencia waddle outside the palace behind me, water bottle in hand. But then, she stopped, and walked over to one of the Royal Guards.

"Sire," Harry said, signaling to Valencia's antics.

"God, Valencia," Shadé groaned as she stomped over to the toddler. "I got her," she said as the other staff of the Royal Household seemed confused on what they should do.