Prove your Love

"What do you mean?" Ronnie asked Nathaniel, trembling in anger.

"Calm down, Baby. You can't shift, or you'd hurt the babies." Nate tried soothing her, rubbing her belly. "Please, calm down, the boys can feel your distress." He cautioned, when he felt little twitches beneath his palm that was placed on her stomach.

Ronnie tried calming herself, taking deep breaths.

"Tell me everything." Her voice sounded so cold, Nate actually felt a chill. "And don't leave anything out." She added.

"Well, this morning, Jake sent out a mind link to Laith and I, saying Tamey was in his room. Of course,at the mention of Tamey, Laith and I immediately sprung into action. When we got to Jake's room, there she was, looking weak and vulnerable, begging and pleading with Jake to accept her as his mate." Nathaniel stopped, gauging her reaction, to know if it was still safe to continue with the story.

Ronnie rolled her eyes when she realized what he was doing. "Continue, Nate. I'm fine." she said, trying to get him to continue.

"Are you sure?" he replied skeptically.

"I'm fine, baby. I promise. If I feel my anger rising, I'll let you know, and you can stop." She said hastily, impatiently waiting on the rest of his story.

Nathaniel reluctantly continued. "Well, when we found them, we were obviously shocked, and we asked what was going on. Jake went on to explain to us, that Tamey had come to his room, apologizing for not acknowledging him as her mate, because she was so power hungry, and wanted to have the beta female title. Apparently, Tamey had known they were mates from the first time they met, but since she isn't a full werewolf, Jake's wolf couldn't really acknowledge the fact that they were mates. I asked Jake if they were really mates, and he confirmed that they were, because now he's all high and mighty alpha wolf times two, his wolf acknowledged her before she even told him the truth." He explained, pausing for dramatic effect.

"So, they're mates." Ronnie breathed. "Jake doesn't deserve this, why would he be paired up with such a vindictive woman?"

"Anyways..." Nate continued. "Jake didn't want her. He told her he was not a backup plan, and he really didn't feel like sampling something that I already sampled. Apparently, the thought of being with her, knowing she was with me, bothers him. But, I think he has other reasons, because he looked like he was hiding something. Tamey became furious, calling him a heartless idiot who only cared about himself... and blah blah blah. In the end, Jake really hit a nerve with her, and shut her up." Nate laughed,remembering the incident.

"What did he say?" Ronnie asked, imagining Jake probably cursed her out in Russian or something.

"Jake said..." Nathaniel continued "Do you really think I'd take you in with open arms after what you did to Ronnie? Did you think I'd just forget about all that? Do you think I don't know, that you're the one who told Kain where Ronnie was? If you hurt a member of my family, you hurt me, and that alone, is unforgivable."

"You should've seen the look on Tamey's face, she was so angry. She even threatened Jake, saying he'd regret ever rejecting her, and she'd come back and dispose of you. Of course, at the mention of hurting you and the boys, my wolf took over, and I almost killed her right there, but Laith held me back. Apparently, a wolf cannot be killed without just cause, and a threat isn't a just cause."

"What did Jake do while you threatened his mate?"

"Surprisingly, he was pretty calm. He just stood there and watched me, without a single display of emotion. It was quite chilling." Nathaniel shuddered, remembering the cold look in Jake's eyes as he stared at Tamey.