From Hunted to hunter

Ronnie's POV

"Excuse me? Do you want to run that by me again?" I growled angrily.

"No hugging Ronnie, as a matter of fact no physical contact whatsoever and that's final. You are mine and you'll come to learn how possessive I can get when it comes to things that belong to me." He growled right back at me.

Who the hell does this man think he is?

"Okay Nathaniel. I see we're going to have to set a few ground rules, let's start..." I said poking a finger into his chest.

"I don't do very well when it comes to obeying rules." he snarled cutting me off.

"Shut the fuck and let me speak!" I yelled causing him to flinch. "It's like you take one step forward and three steps back."

"Look Ronnie I don't know what makes you think.." he began to say but I put a hand up silencing him.

"Did I ask you to speak?" I questioned cocking an eyebrow.

I watched in amusement as his eyes narrowed into slits, glaring daggers at me.

"I am not your property Nathaniel, you do not own me. I am a grown ass woman, you will not tell me who I can and cannot associate with, you will speak to me like you have at least a little bit of common sense, I have a very dominant personality and I refuse to be submissive to your every demand. I can tell you now, if you aren't willing to abide by these, I can guarantee you we are going to butt heads very often." I said circling him and matching the glare he kept sending my way.

"Why do you have to be so damn difficult? Why can't you just be like every other mate and cater to my every need and obey me?" he said frustratingly.

That right there did it. I snapped. Was that what he expected of me? For me to be a submissive mate and bend to his every order?

"Excuse me? Remember what I did to the men who attacked us yesterday?" I asked him in a deadly tone.

"Of course" he nodded. "Speaking of that, how in the hell did you learn how to shoot like that?"

"If I ever hear you say anything as stupid as that again, I won't hesitate to put a bullet between your eyes." I growled ignoring his question. "If you actually think I'm going to be one of those mates, then you've got another thing coming." I added before walking away leaving him there dumbfounded.

I knew I would never hurt him, but it doesn't hurt to at least threaten him and make him think I would.

I needed some air, I just needed to get away from him. Off of every competent man that could have been my mate, I got the most incompetent, egotistic, self centered, possessive and arrogant jerk there was.

I don't understand how everything could be going so good at one moment and all of a sudden, he opens his large unfiltered mouth and it does a complete 360 degree turn.

I swear he makes me so angry sometimes. How are we supposed to spend eternity together if I can't be in the same room with him three quarters of the time?

The man knew how to get under my skin like no other. Sometimes, I just want to punch him dead in the face. But, I don't hit men. I'm not one of those women who think it's okay to hit a man just because they know he won't hit them back. But, sometimes I just wish I were.

I was walking around deep in thought when Jake's voice invaded my mind.

"Ronnie, come home now." he said before shutting the link off.

I already knew what it was about, the seriousness of his voice told me he wanted to discuss the attack outside the club. He wanted to discuss Kain.

I had purposely avoided him since that night because I knew he would want to talk about it. Neither one of us liked talking about Kain, it was a sore subject for us. The thought of him alone already had me raging.

I immediately shifted and found my way back home. When I walked into the house, it was silent. Deadly silent. The maids and butler were nowhere to be seen and neither was Jake.

"Jake!" I yelled out to the empty house.

When I Didn't get a response, I began panicking. What if Kain had gotten to him? If something happened to Jake, I don't think I could survive it.

"Jake!" I called louder this time.

"In the garage." he yelled back.

I let out a sigh of relief and swiftly walked towards the garage. When I got to the there, it was empty. Was this some kind of sick joke?

"Jake, where are you?" I yelled getting worried all over again.

"Over here Ronnie." I heard and looked over towards the direction of his voice and found him sitting in his car.

I walked over to the car and sat in the passenger seat.

"Where's everyone?" I asked him.

"I sent them home to their family, they need to be as far away from us as possible." he replied throwing his head back in frustration.

We sat in silence for a while before Jake decided to break it.

"We have to leave Ron." he whispered looking over to me.

"I kinda figured." I replied sending him a sad smile.

"People are going to get hurt, they always do when it involves Kain so, I don't want to involve anyone. You don't have to come with me since you have Nate, I just wanted to let you know I was leaving." he said grabbing my hand and squeezing it nervously.

I thought about it, half of me wanted to stay and the other half wanted to go with Jake. I couldn't let him leave alone.

"Nahh." I replied shaking my head no. "It's me and you till the end, you're the only family I've got so you come before him, wherever you go I go, no ifs and or buts about it."

After that, we remained silent. I thought over my life and how far I've come, my mate and how much of an asshole he was, my aunt, Jake's mom who took her life after Kain had killed her husband an my dad, my mother who also took her life after he couldn't bear the pain of losing my father and now Jake the only one I have left.

"We can't run from him forever Jake." I whispered lowly. "Sometime, we're going to have to put our foot down. He feeds off our fear, and its about time we let him know we are not the same scared little kids we were 7 years ago."

"I know." he sighed.

He ran his fingers through his hair, ruffling it.

"Go pack your things, we leave in the morning and don't tell anyone. This time around, we'll be the ones doing the hunting and he'll be the hunted." He said with a sinister smile that had me laughing.

I sat in my room that evening, packing up a few things I would need when I felt Nathaniel trying to get into my head. I stopped packing and cleared the area of any visible signs of what I was doing or planning.

"Ronnie." I heard his pained voice flat through my mind as I let him in.

"What is it Nate?" I replied tiredly.

"I'm sorry, I know I was being a jerk earlier today, its just that my insecurities got the best of me. Seeing that kid hold you and hug you made me realize that there are other men out there who are going to want you and try to take you away from me and I can't let that happen Ronnie, I worked to hard to get you for me to just lose you to someone else." he growled towards the end an I guessed he was getting ruled up shout the fact that he could lose me to someone else.

"I completely understand Nathaniel, really, I do but that doesn't give you the right to treat me like an object." I replied to him.

"I know, I know. Laith cursed me in six languages today when I explained what had happened to him." he said chuckling.

I laughed at that, because I could actually imagine Laith doing it. He once insulted Jake in Russian thinking he couldn't understand it and the look on his face was priceless when Hake fired right back at him in the same language. Speaking of Russian, Nathaniel sounds so sexy when he's speaking a foreign language.

I can already imagine those sexy lips moving and a bunch of smooth foreign words flowing out of his lips. Anyways... back to my conversation.

"Good, you deserved it." I replied yawning.

"You tired?" he asked in a husky voice.

"Yea, a little. I think in gonna call it a night, goodnight Nate." I said to him before getting under my covers.

"Night Ronnie, I love you, never forget that." he whispered in a hushed tone before shutting the link off.

I started thinking about Kain again, I can't wait to get my hands on him. He won't know what hit him until its too late.

The man alone was single handedly responsible for the death of our fathers. He was the reason we were orphans and the thought of him sharing the same blood as me and Jake disgusted me.

My own uncle, killed his two brothers and caused the death of his brothers mates. Now, he was after us. His only surviving relatives, his niece and nephew.

Anyone that can kill his own blood brothers in cold blood does not deserve to walk this earth and I would be honored to be the one to personally end his life and watch as all signs of life drains from his eyes.

A/N
How quick I update depends on you guys, the more comments and votes I receive, the earlier I update.