Bright lights

Nathaniel's POV

I couldn't do anything but sulk for the rest of the day. She left me, she left me and she took my heart with her.

Moving away from me wouldn't change my feelings for her, it only made me want her even more. It made me realize what I had. All because of that useless woman Tamey. Speaking of Tamey, where the hell is she?

I angrily stormed out of my room in search of her. Knowing Laith, he probably locked her up in the dungeon. I walked into the dungeon, to find Tamey laying on the cold cement floor, staring up at nothing. When she realized she wasn't alone in the room, she immediately sprang up to her feet.

"Nathan" she said releasing a sigh of relief. "Baby they have me locked in here like a criminal"

I looked at the woman that ruined my life, the woman that cost me my mate and I wanted nothing more than to rip her to shreds. I looked at her, disgust clearly written on my face.

"Baby you're a beta" she continued "I'm your beta female, why would they lock me up? I'm better than them, I'm above them, I deserve respect" she screeched.

I cocked my head to the side, analyzing her. How didn't I notice she had a nasty personality before?

"Baby, c'mon let me out and we can have a little fun" she said seductively, twirling her tangled nest of a hair around her finger.

She looked completely ridiculous, licking her lips and smiling at me. Her face looked fucked up. She had bumps and bruises all over, her nose looked crooked, her jaw looked like it had moved over to the left side of her face, all in all, she looked like one of those over exaggerated witches in the movies. I couldn't help but release a chuckle.

Immediately she caught sight of my amusement, her face contorted into one of anger.

"Don't you dare mock me Nathan!" she yelled. "It's all that bitch Veronica's fault, thinking she can come here and take what's mine." she said angrily paCing the little cell she was in.

"I am not yours" I bIt out through clenched teeth.

"That's not what you said when I was riding you the other night, matter of fact, I believe you were too turned on to form any coherent words" she teased.

I still couldn't look past her fucked up face. Damn Ronnie went to work on her.

I ignored her comment and turned around to go back up to my room and sulk for the rest of my life. But before I could slam the iron doors to the dungeon, I heard Tamey yell "This isn't over!" crazy woman.

I asked Laith for Ronnie's phone number, and he willingly gave it to me, telling me to fix the mess I made. He had taken a liking to Ronnie, he treats her like a little sister.

I dialed her number and listened to it ring before it went to voicemail.

"Hi this is Veronica, I'm sorry I'm not available to talk right now, please leave a message with your name and number and I'll get back with you as soon as possible" her voice alone had my heart beating at an erratical rate. I missed her, I need her. I left her a message, telling her to call me back.

This went on for a week and a half and she still barely ever answered my calls. I've left her tons and tons of messages but she never replied. I probably seem obsessed to her but I don't care. I want her back with me, in my arms so I can hold her, hug her, kiss her like regular mates do.

After a while of her ignoring my calls, I started drowning my sorrow in alcohol. I drank from the crack of dawn till the moon came up. I'm depressed, I need my mate to pull me out of this funk I'm in.

I was driving and drinking from my bottle of Dom when I pulled my phone out to call her again but of course it went to voicemail. I left her another message, I didn't even know what I said in the message, I was too drunk to comprehend.

That was the last message I left before I saw bright lights coming towards me at an unnatural speed.

Ronnie's POV

I've been in New York for two weeks and I have to say I don't regret coming. Partying, going clubbing with A listers, concerts and some volunteer work. It helped me keep my mind off Nathaniel and his drama.

He calls me almost everyday, sometimes I answer sometimes I don't. He calls to either apologize, tell me to come home or to tell me he loves me. It's the same thing every time.

I heard my phone ringing again for the 15th time in the last two hours, I looked over at it to see who it was and of course I wasn't surprised when I saw Nathaniel's name come up. I don't know when he's going to get the hint, I didn't want to talk to him.

The few times I did pick up his calls, I felt myself falling for him all over again. I hate that. I hate that just the sound of his voice could bring back so much emotion and feelings I didn't even know I had, feelings I try to bottle up.

I know he loves me, there's no doubt about that. I love him too, I do. It's just hard for me to forget what he did, the names he called me, the look in his eyes when he accused me of erasing his mark. It was a look of pure hatred, to have someone you love look at you like that hurts.

My phone flashes, notifying me that I had a new voicemail. that makes it the 48th voicemail he'd left me in 3 days. I decided to listen to some of them.

"Ronnie? Ronnie I need you please baby come back please" he said sobbing. I clicked over to listen to the next one.

"Baby I'm sorry, I can't be without you, you have to forgive me Ronnie" he pleaded.

"I know I hurt you baby, Words can't explain how sorry I am. Just come back and we can start over, I promise it'll be different this time around." He sounded hurt.

"Do you know how much I love you Veronica? Come back and I'll prove it to you." His husky voice said through the phone.

"I'm sorry okay!" he yelled "What more do you want me to say? I'm sorry Veronica! I'm sorry. I don't know how else to prove it to you, I don't know what else to do." he said sincerely.

"Is there someone else? Is that it? I won't let anyone take you away from me Ronnie you know that right? You are mine Ronnie, mine" I swear he's bipolar, every message he left me had a different emotion.

The messages went on and on. they were all of him begging me to come back, telling me how much he loved me, how much he misses me and how sorry he is. I was caving, I was definitely caving.

Finally, I got to the most recent one.

"Ronnieeeee" he slurred. He was drunk. "Babyyyy I miss youuu. I love you Ronniee baby." he chuckled before continuing "Baby come back, you can blame it all on me, I was wrong, and I just can't live without you" he was singing the song. Now that made me laugh, but I felt sorry for him.

I decided I would call him back later after I got back from the gym. I got dressed I'm my workout clothes and went to the gym in our apartment complex.

An hour and a half later, I was back in my apartment. I want into the bathroom to take a shower when I got in my room, I noticed my phone flashing. probably another voicemail from Nathaniel. I didn't feel like listening to it so I ignored it and went out in the living room to watch a movie.

I put in the movie The Haunting in Connecticut and went into the kitchen to pop some popcorn. After I was done, I came back into the living room to watch the movie. somewhere in the middle of the movie, I fell asleep on the couch.

It was 3am in the morning and my phone was ringing again. It's been going off for an hour straight. Nathaniel just can't take a freaking hint. I was about to go back to sleep again when I heard the phone ringing again.

I reluctantly got off the couch and angrily marched over to the table to answer the phone.

"What?" I yelled angrily without bothering to check the caller ID because I already knew it was going to be Nathaniel.

"Ronnie? Where the hell have you been? I've been calling you for hours!" Laith yelled frantically.

"Oh" I muttered "Sorry I thought you were Nathaniel. What's up? Why were you calling?"

"It's Nathan" he paused "He's hurt"

At the mention of that, my world came crashing down. This is why I didn't want a mate.

A/N
Short, I know. I just needed to get this part out because its important. How quick I update depends on you guys, the more comments and votes I receive, the earlier I update.