Reactions

Jake watched from the doorway with a small smile on his face as Ronnie and Sloane got reacquainted.

He knew Ronnie had been a twin but assumed she was dead after Kain had stolen her from the hospital. No one expected Kain to raise her as his own, it was unlike him.

"How was it growing up?" Ronnie blurted, asking the question that Jake was also dying to know.

"It was okay, I guess. I can't tell you I was abused and tortured, because I wasn't. I grew up calling Kain dad because that was what I thought he was. He told me that my mother, his mate had died giving birth to me. I wasn't allowed to associate with the outside world, I had to be obedient, all I did was go to school and learn to fight and kill. He told me he was raising me for a greater purpose. I got whatever I asked for as long as I did as I was asked. If I wasn't obedient, I was deprived something. Sometimes it was food, sometimes water, sometimes the sun, sometimes all of them altogether and I was shoved in the underground well until he felt I had learned my lesson." She explained, looking of into space.

Ronnie was shaking, she was trying hard to control her anger and so was Jake.

"So the heartless bastard actually has a mate?" Jake growled.

"Had." Sloane corrected. "But she died during childbirth only, I thought the child was me. Kain has a child out there somewhere."

None of them wanted to think of the possibility of there being someone coming to avenge Kain's death, so they immediately changed the subject.

"What was our mother like?" Sloane asked carefully, not wanting to bring up painful memories.

Ronnie's smile spread widely as she dove into the subject, telling Sloane everything she could remember about their mother, the idea of Kain and his child long forgotten.

They all sat together, telling each other about themselves. Jake was stunned at how similar Ronnie and Sloane were, everything about them was the same, even their personalities.

"I think we're going to have to involve you in the family business, considering you're family and all. Last name McMahon?" Jake asked her.

"Yea, it is and what's the family business?" Sloane asked curiously.

"It's more like Jake's company, he just made me a part owner so I guess you'll be owning some of it too, it's a good thing you showed up actually, we're trying to expand into the Chinese market so you'll be a good asset." Ronnie explained to Sloane who still seemed a little confused but chose not to ask any further questions.

"Can we go back to the pack house now? I want to see Laith." Sloane asked, blushing.

"Yea, sure. Let me just grab my keys. Coming Jake?" Ronnie asked.

"Why would I want to see your boyfriends?" Jake asked with a scrunched up face.

Ronnie and Sloane simultaneously rolled their eyes, earning a chuckle from Jake.

When Ronnie and Sloane made it to the garage, Sloane was in awe as she stated at the vast amount of luxurious cars lined up in it.

"All these belong to you and Jake?" She asked Ronnie.

"Yea." Came Ronnie's short reply.

"This is sexy." Sloane commented, standing in front of Ronnie's car.

"That, is my baby lotus." Ronnie said, grinning and staring proudly at her car.

"I want one, exactly like it except with a sleek shiny paint instead of matte so I can tell them apart." Sloane said jumping up an down.

"Don't tell me, tell Jake. He bought mine for me and since our birthdays are coming up, you might want to drop a few hints. He'll pretend like he doesn't understand you, but he'll know what you mean." Ronnie coached, gesturing for Sloane to get into the passenger seat so they could leave.

When they got to the pack house, Sloane stopped admiring all the cool gadgets in the car and she looked nervous.

"I can't go in." She whispered.

"What why?" Ronnie asked.

"You told me about how you and Nathaniel begun, I don't want Laith to be like that." She said voicing her worries.

"Laith and Nathaniel are complete and I mean complete opposites. Well except for their cockiness and domineering behavior and their urge to always be right and letting their status get to their heads sometimes.." Ronnie rambled but was cut off when Sloane cleared her throat.

"You were saying?" Sloane teased.

"Never mind." Ronnie muttered, getting out of the car and Sloane followed.

"You know what? Tell him to come find me, tell him I want him to track me down and find me himself." She said before running off into the woods.

Ronnie didn't get what she meant, but she was going to relay the message either way.

While walking up the stairs towards Nathaniel and Laith's office, she kept thinking about how the annoying traits about Nate were also the traits she loved the most. Weird.

As she approached the large, intricate, excellently carved double oak doors, she could hear Laith and Nathaniel's muffled conversation on the other side of the door.

"She doesn't know she's pregnant yet." She heard Nathaniel say.

Who was pregnant? Ronnie wondered. Definitely not her, thanks to that morning after pill.

"Huh? I'm confused." Came Laith's voice.

"We made love without a condom, simple as that." She heard Nathaniel say.

Then, it finally dawned on her. She and Nathaniel had made love without a condom. She knew he couldn't possibly be talking about him and someone else because only a she wolfs mate can get her pregnant.

"Okay then why doesn't she know she's pregnant?" Laith asked him.

Laith sounded confused, like it was supposed to be pretty easy to figure out you would he pregnant once you were intimate with your mate.

Of course, Ronnie didn't know that. Being hidden and kept away from the supernatural world made her almost completely oblivious to the happenings in it.

"She was freaking out this morning, even went out to buy a morning after pill." She heard Nate say before chucking nervously.

"So did you tell her a morning after pill wouldn't work if you both have alpha blood?" Laith asked him.

"No." Nathaniel replied.

She knew she shouldn't have been mad, but she couldn't help it. How on earth was she supposed to have a baby when she was barely mature herself.

She slowly opened the door, eyes ablaze in fury.

"You have now." Ronnie said, startling Laith and Nathaniel who turned around to face her with wide eyes full of surprise but Nathaniel's also held a little bit of guilt and happiness.

"Ron." Nathaniel breathed out. "Look, I know you didn't want this, I know you're not ready for this but we can't change it. I never really got the chance to ease you into the situation anyway because the whole thing with Kain happened and we haven't really talked since then until now." He rambled, trying to plead his part and convince her he didn't mean to keep it from her.

"Was that the knowing look you and Jake kept sharing in the car? You knew I was pregnant?" She asked him.

He nodded in reply, not fully trusting his voice at the moment.

As much as Ronnie wanted to be mad, she knew she couldn't. Her being pregnant wasn't solely Nathaniel's fault, It takes two to tango.

"I can't be mad at you, we can both share the blame in this situation but don't I have to mark you in order for our bond to be complete enough for us to reproduce?" She asked curiously.

Nathaniel had marked Ronnie but Ronnie had never marked him. She couldn't seem to get herself to because somewhere in the back of her mind, she always doubted their bond. She always felt like there was a brewing storm, like something was going to to wrong and it would only be a matter of time and she would be the one getting hurt.

As much as she wanted and loved Nathaniel, she was not willing to eternally bound herself to a man who she still had doubts about. Mate or not.

"As long as I marked you, you can get pregnant. Since I'm the male and the dominant one, you're more likely to get pregnant if I've marked you irregardless of if you've marked me or not." Nathaniel explained, Answering her earlier asked question, smirking when Ronnie rolled her eyes at the mention of him being the dominant one.

Ronnie released a frustrated sigh, running her fingers through her hair before finally slumping into a sofa. It was then she finally acknowledged Laith, who sat amused behind his desk, taking in their encounter.

"What are you so smug about?" Ronnie asked him.

"Nothing, it's just amusing watching you guys, a minute you love him, the next minute you hate him, another minute you want to put a bullet between his eyes, it's quite comical." He stated chuckling to himself.

Ronnie couldn't help but release a light hearted chuckle of her own because he was absolutely right.

"You're one to talk, good luck with Sloane, because you've got your work cut out for you. If you're anything like Nathaniel is with me with her, she will chop off your balls and hand it to you." Ronnie said teasing him.

Laith and Nathaniel visibly cringed at the mental image of him getting his testicles cut off.

"So basically, in other words, she's another you." Nathaniel mumbled.

"Me?" Ronnie asked, gasping over-dramatically. "I'm bit that cruel, I wouldn't feed it to you, I'd feed em to the vultures." She said smiling innocently.

"Crazy and yet I love you. I'm beginning to question my own sanity." Nathaniel mumbled lowly to himself but not low enough because Ronnie still heard him and she immediately begun glaring at him.

"Yea, I definitely got the normal twin." Laith mumbled.

"Speaking of twins, how come you guys never told me you were twins?" Ronnie asked curiously.

"We're both the same age Ron, it's not rocket science." Laith and Nathaniel replied simultaneously, shrugging.

"I never really cared to know how old Laith was, he just always seemed more mature and carried himself with more poise than you did Nate." She said purposely teasing him.

Laith sensing an argument about to brew immediately butted into their conversation.

"Hey Ron, where's Sloane?" He asked, suddenly feeling the urge to go to her.

"She said find her, whatever that means. Apparently you should be able to sense where she is so she wants you to track her down." Ronnie's replied shrugging nonchalantly.

Laith and Nathaniel, only having a one track mind immediately shared a knowing look, grinning mischievously at each other.

Whenever a she wolf wanted her mate to track her down, it only meant one thing; she was ready to mate him. Male wolves love a chase, and there's nothing they love more than when the she wolf being chased is their mate.

Without a second thought or even a goodbye, Laith darted out of his office, leaving an amused Nathaniel and a confused Ronnie behind with every intention of tracking down his mate and giving her the best time of her life.

Nathaniel escorted Ronnie back to her home and the entire time he couldn't keep his mind off the fact that he would be a father. His dream of the perfect life with his mate was finally coming together.

When they got to her house, Ronnie let them both in, making her way up to her room with him right on her trail. Nathaniel was about to walk into Ronnie's room when a hand stopped him.

Nathaniel was lifted up off the floor and slammed into the wall.

"That girl in there is my life, I practically raised her. I've sat back and watched you hurt her over and over again because I know I raised her to be able to handle herself and now that she's pregnant, this is where I draw the line. If you think Ronnie is ruthless, then you haven't met me. I'm lethal. You hurt her one more time, if she sheds a single tear, matter of fact if her eyes prickle with any sign of wetness caused by you, you better run because I'm coming for you." Jake threatened him.

Nathaniel was too stunned to do anything, he had never seen this side of Jake. Jake was always the cool, calm and collected business oriented guy, always wearing designer suits and thinking of ways to expand his company.

Never had he ever showed the ruthless side of him except for when it came to Kain.

"Do I make myself clear Nathaniel?" Jake asked him, leaning in closer into his face.

Nathaniel was still frozen, so Jake slammed his head into the wall again.

"I said, do I make myself clear?" He growled.

"Yea man." Nathaniel finally answered. "Now get off me, my wolf won't take more of your disrespect and I really don't want to hurt you."

"Trust me, your wolf should be the least of your worries." Jake snarled before letting to of him an walking away without another look at him.

A/N
Heyy guys. I had to add that last part because, you know I just don't like things going completely fine hence the Jake appearance. It was long overdue anyway.