My beta, my mate

Ronnie's POV

"Ronnie! The moving truck is here" my uncle Jake yelled up to me.

Jake and I were lone wolves so we already weren't in a pack. Jake is my rock, he plays the role of a mother, father, brother, uncle everything. We're all each other has and we love each other to death. Jake was 18 when I lost my parents and he had to take care of me at a tender age of 11. He's treated me like I was his life and for that I will forever be indebted to him because he could've left me to go into foster care, but he didn't. I'm his only surviving relative and he's mine.

Jake is a huge nerd. People often get fooled by his looks and charm until they actually get to know him. He started a technology company from nothing and turned it into a multi billion dollar company. You wouldn't guess he was a billionaire though, he's so down to earth and so humble, you wouldn't believe he was THE Jake McMahon of SPAKE Tech. He made up the name by joining his name and my middle name Spencer together. When I turned 16, he signed over half of his company to me and started teaching me the ropes and how the company works. He said he just wanted to make sure I had a secure future and that the business was kept in the family. So after I graduated 2 months ago, I started helping him out with the company.

Jake and I spent the 5 hour drive to Yorktown sleeping in the limo while Ezra the chauffeur drove. If there's one thing Jake and I had in common, it was laziness. Driving up to our new home, I noticed we lived away from everyone else. We were driving up a long dirt road, the only thing surrounding us were dense, thick trees. We drove up to the end of the road, and I spotted only two gates right opposite each other. Which means we only have one neighbor. We drove into the gate on the right after Jake entered the security code. I was ready to jump out the car and run up to the house when Jake told me we still had a good five minute drive before we got to the actual house. The freaking driveway was a five minute drive up to the house..... Seriously? I was getting very impatient, sitting in this car for an extra five minutes did not sound very appetizing to me.
Arriving at the house... Or should I say palace, my mouth went slack. Don't get me wrong, I've always lived in mansions and penthouses but this right here was a paradise. I couldn't wait to explore the place.

Walking through the front door, I was greeted by a butler and two maids, I introduced myself to them and they offered to carry my stuff but I politely declined. The first thing I noticed about the house were the two grande spiral staircases on each end of the entrance. I was amazed. I started running around the house exploring and I was in love!

Jake thought about everything. There was a home gym, because we're both gym rats. There was an Olympic sized outdoor swimming pool and a regular indoor swimming pool, we had an art room because I loved to draw and paint, there was even a dark room because Jake and I were into photography. Everything was well thought out. The kitchen was marvelous, I like to cook, and eat so I already knew I would be spending a lot of time in the kitchen. There was an adjoining door in the kitchen that led to the garage, and I was surprised to see all our cars already here. Jake and I share a passion for cars, we don't know how to fix them up or anything but we just love sports cars. I was examining my baby, Lotus my matte black Bugatti Veyron when Jake came in telling me we had to go meet the alpha of the pack that resides here. I volunteered to drive us up there and he agreed. Of course I chose to drive my baby Lotus. We got in the car and I turned on the GPS so we could put in the alphas address.

"What's the address Jake?" I asked while busying myself with the GPS.

"You don't need it, it's the house right across from us, that's the pack house" Jake stated.

I cranked up the car and started making my way down our long driveway to the house across the street. Driving up to their gate, I pushed the button to alert them that we were at the gate. While waiting for a response, Jake spotted four wolves trotting down the driveway towards the car with pieces of clothes in their mouths. They shifted back to their human form and one of them walked up to my window and knocked on the glass. I knew he could tell I was a werewolf by the way he sniffed the air when I wound my window down.

"I'm guessing you're Veronica and Jake McMahon" he stated more than asked

"Yes, we are" Jake replies before I could even get a word out.

"Drive up, the Alpha has been alerted about your arrival he will be waiting for you in front of the main building" he informed us

"Thank you...uhh what's your name?" I asked

"Jason" he replied

I simply nodded and carried on driving up the driveway. I thought our driveway was long, but it was nothing compared to this. There were houses hidden in the trees spread about the place, I'm guessing that's where the mated pack members lived. Jake and I were taking everything in, we both didn't really have anything to say because this was a first for the both of us. We've never been a part of a pack so we don't really know how it works.

I finally pulled up to the main house. How did I know which one it was? It was the one with two massive men who looked like body builders standing in front of it. I could already tell which one was the alpha, he stood proudly with an aura of power and authority surrounding him. The guy beside him was the one that caught my eye though. He looked about the same age as Jake, he stood tall at about 6'2 with wide broad shoulders, chiseled jaw, short neat haircut, I could see the muscles bulging out of his v neck shirt, his toned legs looked good in his true religion jeans and his eyes, oh his eyes were a captivating shade of green that made you want to get lost in them forever. I was so lost staring at him I didn't hear Jake calling my name until he flicked my nose.

"C'mon Ronnie" he said irritably.

"Dang, what crawled up your ass all of a sudden?" I joked.

"Shut up" Jake mumbled "let's just get this over with" he said giving my hand a squeeze. That's when I realized he was nervous.

"Don't be nervous jake, everything's gonna be fine" I assured him.

"Yea yea whatever just get out of the car" he joked.

Getting out of the car, I noticed all the people around who stopped what they were doing to observe us. I could see the lust in the men's eyes while they gawked at me, I could also see the women gawking at jake but of course he didn't pay attention to them. According to Jake, the only person he wants gawking at him is his mate. In his words, "I don't care if women fall at my feet, I will only have eyes for my mate. Whoever she is." I don't know who Jake's mate is, but whoever it is sure is gonna be one lucky girl.

When Jake and I finally approached the Alpha, we introduced ourselves, and he introduced himself as Laith the alpha of creek pack and the Adonis beside him as Nathan his beta. There was something about Nathan that was pulling me in and I couldn't quite place it. The way he looked at me like he was mesmerized by me made my stomach do somersaults. I was used to guys looking at me, but Nathan's gaze held something, and I didn't know what to make of it. It was like he knew something I didn't.

I was too busy in my own world, I didn't notice his outstretched hand waiting on me to shake it for a proper introduction. When I finally came down to earth, I looked at him again and he gave me a dazzling smile while he spoke.

"Hi, I'm Nathaniel but you can call me Nathan" my Adonis spoke in the sexiest voice I have ever heard.

I cleared my throat and spoke "Hello Nathaniel" he visibly shuddered when I said his name which made me smile victoriously on the inside that I had that type of effect on him "I'm Ronnie" I Introduced myself while I gently slid my delicate small hand through his large slightly rough ones to shake him.

"Woah!" I exclaimed when I felt static electricity shoot up my arm and travel through entire body and I'm ashamed to say it was quite pleasurable and caused a little problem down south if you know what I mean. My wolf was going nuts she was giddy and excited and I knew something was up. "You shocked me" I stated while staring into his eyes which were already lustily glazed over.

It was like he was caught in a trance when he closed the little space left between us by pulling me flush against his body with his hand very close to my nether regions making me shamelessly moan out his name. He snuggled his face into my neck, sniffing me. It was like his wolf was trying to memorize my scent. I was too aroused to care what was going on until I heard someone clear their throat which brought me crashing back down to reality. I tried stepping away from Nathaniel, but he tightened his hold on me trailing kisses down my neck while I tried so hard to suppress another moan. It would be really awkward if I moaned out in ecstasy while Jake was literally 2 feet away from me.

"Uhmm, Ron?" Jake tried to get my attention but I was too far gone "what's going on?" He asked again

I could hear him talking to me, but I couldn't form a coherent sentence to reply him because even I was confused. It was Nathaniel who finally answered the question when he looked down into my eyes and said the words that I guess I and everyone else kind of expected.

"Mine. Mate. My Mate" he growled out.

I stood there staring at him, I didn't give myself time to process the words before I turned around and took off running towards my car. I hopped
in and sped off just in time to see Nathaniel shift into his beautiful black wolf and release the most sorrowful howl I ever heard.

I can't have a mate, I just can't. My heart isn't strong enough to go through that type of emotional roller coaster.

A/N
Please Comment and vote. I want to know what you guys think.