You stayed

Ronnie's POV

"I'll find another beta female, a better one" those recurring words rang over and over in my head. Would he really replace me? Does he not know that it would physically hurt me to take another mate? Would he purposely put me through that pain just to get back at me?

I was furious. I forcefully tore my clothes off the hangers, shoving them into my Louis Vuitton duffle bag.

"Stupid mate thinks he can mark me and then say he's going to replace me? Fine! I'll leave and I'll never come back. Let's see him pick another woman I'll kill him and her" I mumbled angrily to myself while packing

"First of all you don't even have the heart to kill a grasshopper much less a person and not just any person, your mate so we both know you won't do anything" Jake said from the doorway startling me

I looked into his eyes, refusing to let the tears fall. He spread his arms out wide and I ran into them without hesitation. He wrapped his arms around me, shushing me.

"Everything will be okay Ronnie" he whispered against my hair

"No it won't Jake, do you know what he said to me?" I asked sniffling

"He didn't mean it Ron and you know it. He clearly said it out of spite" he replied

I knew Jake was right. I knew he said it out of spite, but that doesn't make it hurt any less.

Why did I have to meet him? I hate him, I hate him so much right now. As much as I want to leave, I can't. My mind is telling me to go, but my heart and body are telling me to stay. There's no doubt I want to be with Nathaniel, but I just can't.

'Let go of your fear Ronnie, nothing is going to happen to me and I love you' I heard Nathaniel's melodious voice say in my head.

I jumped out of Jake's arms terrified and looking around the room to see if he was near and where the voice came from but I didn't see anyone. I'm going crazy, this town is driving me to the brink of insanity.

'You're not going crazy Ronnie. I'm in your head baby, since I marked you, we can communicate through our minds and I can read your mind' he chuckled

'Great, just what I need' I said sarcastically

'I can teach you how to block it out if you want' he offered

'Yes please' I replied hastily and he chuckled. It sounded like music to my ears.

'It's like putting up a force field, imagine you're alone inside and everyone else you know is on the outside and in order for them to communicate with you, you have to let them in, get it?' he asked

'Yea! Thanks' I replied

'I didn't mean it Ronnie, I swear I didn't. I would never replace you, noone will ever be good enough for me. Just don't go. You can't run away from your problems. Please Ronnie I've waited so long for you and for me to find you and know that I let you slip away from me would kill me' he pleaded

I stayed silent, pondering over what he had said. I was hurting him, he was hurt because of my actions.

'Okay, how about we start over.' He asked hoping to sway me

'I'll think about it. If you see me tomorrow, then I decided to stay' I replied before shutting him out.

My wolf was begging me to go to him, she wanted her mate. According to her, what Nathaniel's wolf did was justified because I had created the impression that I didn't want him for a mate. Ugh! All this thinking is giving me a headache.

'Ronnie' I heard a voice in my head.

This time around, it wasn't Nathaniel. The voice was different.

'Who is this?' I asked

'Laith' he replied.

Also known as the alpha and Nathaniel's brother.

'Oh, is everything okay?' I asked, concerned. Maybe it had to do with Nathaniel.

'Don't leave Ronnie. I've watched Nathan sulk around for 11 years because he wasn't able to find his mate, then you show up. The brief meeting you two had when you first met was one of the happiest I've seen my brother, he was literally screaming and celebrating through the link in everyone's heads in the pack' he said chuckling

'Do you know what he said to me tonight Laith?' I asked

'Yes, he told me. He's stupid like that sometimes. He wasn't getting his way, so he though taunting you would have you running to him with arms wide open'

'Well it obviously didn't work' I replied

'Obviously. But give him a chance, he's a great guy. The excitement of having finally found his mate got to him, causing him to make stupid decisions. He's my brother and I want what's best for him. If you leave him Ronnie, Nate will never be the same again.' Laith reasoned

I didn't know what to say, I honestly didn't want to leave, but it felt like the best decision at the moment. I took a deep breath and released it before replying him.

'I'll think about it' I said 'I'm not making any promises, but I'll take what you said into consideration.'

'That's better than nothing, thank you Ronnie. Oh and just to put it out there, he's already head over heels in love with you' he replied causing a ghost of a smile to creep up on my face.

'Goodnight Laith' I said before shutting the link off.

I couldn't handle anymore thoughts on what to do and my decision on wether I would stay or leave, so I decided to shut down for the night.

The next morning, I awoke to a frantic knock on our front door and someone ringing the bell over and over again like an idiot. When the continuous assault on the door and the bell had finally ceased, I figured maybe one of the maids had taken care of it. I was about to go back to sleep, when I started hearing noises and puonding footsteps coming up the stairs and towards my bedroom door. I hear Irene, our maid tell someone not to go down the hallway but obviously, the person didnt listen because the footsteps only got closer and closer towards my room.

"It's too early on the morning for this." I said out loud to myself 

I threw my pillow over my head, trying to suppress the noise but that attempt seemed futile, because literally two seconds later I heard my bedroom door bang open and I looked up to see who my intruder was.

Standing there in all his glory was my mate looking frantic. I took in his state and couldn't help but release a chuckle.Clad in only pajama pants and house shoes, leaving his perfectly sculpted torso exposed, his messy bed hair had me envisioning myself running my hands through it, his eyes looked low, like he just got out of bed.

"You stayed" he whispered running up to me an engulfing me in his arms "you stayed, thank you"

I looked into his eyes, seeing his emotions on full display. He loved me. I gave him a small smile and leaned into his chest.

When we heard someone clear their throat from my bedroom door that was hanging of its hinges, we immediately pulled away.

"Who's paying for the door?" Jake asked grumpily, obviously angered by the fact that his sleep was interrupted so early in the morning.

Nathaniel's face instantly reddened when he took in the state of my door.

"I'm sorry man" he apologized "I'll handle it"

Jake gave a curt nod before turning on his heels and making his way back to his room while mumbling something about stupid idiotic mates.

Nathaniel finally turned his attention back to me, smiling widely.

"I'm sorry about your door" he said, the happy expression on his face contradicting his sincere apology.

"All forgiven" I replied

"So are you giving me a chance? Are you staying?" He asked anxiously

"Yes Nathaniel, I'm staying" I replied.

He was about to pull me into another hug, but I stopped him.

"I haven't forgiven you yet" I said sternly, but it didn't seem to affect him because he was literally hopping up and down with excitement.

"I'll make it up to you baby, I promise" he said before engulfing me in another hug.

His tall statuesque frame dwarfed mine and I wasn't even considered short. He buried his face in my neck, sniffing and nuzzling it. I was enjoying the closeness, but all of a sudden Nathaniel abruptly pulled away from me, his face looked troubled.

He was staring intently at the spot where he marked me last night and I was getting quite uncomfortable with the awkward silence and the tension.

"Ronnie, why isn't there a mark on your neck?" He asked

My hand instinctively went to my neck. I ran into my bathroom, stood in front of the mirror to see what Nathaniel was talking about. Low and behold, sitting on the spot where he had bitten my neck was nothing. There was no mark, it didn't even look like I had been bitten.

A/N
How quick I update depends on you guys, the more comments and votes I receive, the earlier I update.