Jealousy

This update is going to be short BUT it's just preparing you for the next chapter tomorrow. I made it clear in the book description that this book will contain mature content, well that mature content is coming up tomorrow so if you aren't comfortable with stuff like that, this is just a warning. If you've read my book Illegal Attraction, you'd know that when it comes to sexual scenes I can get VERY intense. So I don't want anyone complaining tomorrow when you see how intense it is.

Ronnie's POV

Nathaniel's murderous glare was solely focused on Derek. I had to get him out of here or this was going to turn ugly. I turned around and grabbed Derek's hand, pulling him in the opposite direction but of course Nathaniel was right on our tail.

"Ronnie" I heard him scream. His voice sounded close, so I urged Derek to pick up his speed as we ran out through the back exit of he club.

Turns out, Derek is clumsy. He tripped on thin air and fell to the ground pulling me with him. I landed right on top of him.

I thought Nathaniel was mad at first, but when he took in the compromising position Derek and I were in, he immediately pulled me off of him and sent a straight jab to Derek's jaw.

"Nathaniel!" I yelled. "What the fuck is wrong with you?"

I ran up to Derek to help him up and Nathaniel growled at me.

"Veronica I swear if you even think about touching him, I will redesign his face with my fist" he but out angrily.

"Shut the hell up you idiot" I said before tugging on Derek's arm to help him up.

"Ronnie don't test me." he said shaking uncontrollably, his eyes dark in fury.

"I'd like to see you try" I replied daring him.

He stayed silent for a few minutes, staring me down but I refused to give in. After a while he gave up and let out a frustrated sigh.

"Why do you have to be so freaking difficult?" he mumbled.

"Why do you have to be such an asshole?" I retorted.

"I'm sorry Ronnie. God dammit, how many times do I have to apologize to you?" he yelled furiously.

"As many times as I see fit." I yelled right back at him.

"I'm sorry okay? I'm sorry for being an asshole, I'm sorry for marking you without your permission, I'm sorry for accusing you of erasing my mark, I'm sorry for forcing you to bow to me, I'm sorry for saying all those hurtful words to you, I'm sorry for sleeping with that piece of trash Tamey, I'm sorry for lying to you about being hurt just to get you to come back, I'm sorry for accusing you of being with someone else, I'm sorry for being a horrible mate Ronnie, I'm sorry." he rambled, tears streaming down his face as he dropped to his knees before me and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"I'm so sorry baby" he mumbled over and over.

It hurt me to see him so broken, I didn't know he was affected this much.

I ran my fingers through his hair and felt the pleasurable tingles flow through my body.

"I... I forgive you" I whispered.

He looked shocked. I watched as his tear stained face contorted from hurt and anguish to happiness and love.

"Really?" he asked sounding like a little kid.

"Yes Nathaniel, I forgive you" I replied.

He immediately rose on his feet and pulled me into a hug. When he finally let me go, he took my face in his hands and kissed me passionately.

I didn't even wait for him to seek entrance into my mouth, I eagerly opened up for him before he had the chance. We were both so caught up in or moment, totally oblivious to what was going on around us.

I suddenly heard a series of applauses coming from a dark corner around the club that startled both of us.

I immediately jumped away from Nathaniel but he pulled me right back to him nuzzling my neck.

Four vicious looking men walked out of the shadows.

"That was quite a show." One of them spoke up.

"Veronica McMahon, long time no see" the leader sneered.

I couldn't move, I was frozen in place. That voice has haunted my dreams for over 7 years, the voice of my father's and Jake's fathers murderer. I mind linked Jake, telling him where I was and what was going on and he told me he was on his way.

"Kain" I whispered.

I guess Nathaniel could sense my internal turmoil, because he immediately placed himself in front of me, crouched low and ready to attack

"I've missed you sweetheart" he said in a sickeningly sweet voice that had both me and Nathaniel growling menacingly at him.

"I told your uncle I'd always find you guys" he said as the other three men circled us.

Nathaniel made sure he was in front of me, protecting me. Little does he know I don't need his protection.

One of the other guys tried to leap at me, before he could even get close to me, I pulled my 9 mm. out of my clutch purse and fired one silver bullet right between his eyes and he dropped to the floor, lifeless. I pulled back on the hammer and cocked the gun aiming it at the other two guys.

"Who's next?" I asked in a deadly tone.

Nathaniel stared wide eyed at me like he was seeing a ghost and I sent him a small smile before turning back to face the two men.

Derek was still sprawled out on the floor so it was just Nathaniel an I against them. I could tell he was having a hard time in picking what to do. Focus on the leader or protect me from the other two men.

They both advanced on me at the same time an I knew I couldn't fire at both of them at once so I chose to kill one and just have one left. I aimed my gun at the one closest to me and fired. It hit his left temple and he collapsed on the floor.

I turned around to face the last guy just in time to see him phase into his wolf and lunge at me, claws exposed. I couldn't do anything but stand there, eyes closed and wait for the impact but it never came.

I opened my eyes and let out a loud cry as I watched Nathaniel's body dropping right at my feet and Jake's brown wolf fighting the other guy. The leader was nowhere to be found.

He had taken the blow for me, he risked his life for me.

"Nate?" I called out to him as his eyelids drooped.

"Ronnie" he choked out, coughing up blood.

"Fight Nathaniel. You have to fight. Please" I sobbed holding on to him.

He looked up at me, he reached his hand up to cup my cheek and caressed it.

"I love you Ronnie" he whispered before his hand dropped lifelessly beside him and his eyes closed shut.

A/N
How quick I update depends on you guys, the more comments and votes I receive, the earlier I update.