Chapter 10

VPOV

you'll probably notice I changed the writing style a bit. :) hope it's not too confusing and sorry for any spelling mistakes! :) Love you guy!

|♡|♥|♡|♥

Violets POV

She was reading a book on her bed at 12 midnight because she couldn't seem to fall asleep. She tried to, but every time she closed her eyes they would wined up open again. Halfway through the page she was reading she heard a thump coming from behind and she quickly turned around. Tate was flat faced on the floor.

She decided to forget about what had happened this afternoon and not give the voices any more of her weakness.

She gave him a smirk "am I going to have to get used to seeing your face on the floor" He blushed. He lifted himself off the floor and walked over to her.

"Are you okay?...you didn't show today at school" he started and sat down besides her on bed.

"Yeah, just felt a bit sick, that's all" she said nonchalantly.

"I hope your feeling better now" he said smiling which caused his dimples to show. He was so cute it made her feel out of place with him. Maybe she wasn't good enough for him. No! she mentally screamed at herself.

She moved those thoughts to the back of her mind and tried to stay focused on Tate, who was asking her something. 

"Hello, anybody in there?" he said waving a hand in front of her face.

"oh,sorry" she said. They continued talking for a while until she heard her dad's voice coming from downsrairs. "shit, you have to go"

she said pushing him towards the window. She turned to look at the door to make sure it was locked and when she turned back she was greeted with his soft lips against hers. He pulled away, smiling at her.

"goodnight, beautiful" he said before climbing down the tree and running across the street. There was a knock on the door.

"Violet, hunny, are you awake" Ben said.

"Yeah, I was just going to bed" she said shuffle around with the blankets.

"Okay, well, goodnight" She slipped in under her covers and drifted off to sleep.

|♥|♡|♥|♡

The next three days she went to school and everything went fine. Weird she thought, nothing ever goes fine in this hell hole, especially not with Leah around.

Leah had not been showing up, it's not like she cared anyways, but this morning when she went to school, she found two tall men in suits waiting for her in front of her classroom.

"Are you Violet Harmon" One of the men asked in a deep voice. She stood there not sure what to say, then nodded. "We work for the FBI and we need you to come with us Miss Harmon" They placed a hand on her shoulder and she walked with them to the schools parking lot.

"Do you know a Leah Young?" One of the men asked her. She wasn't sure why they were asking her this, but she nodded anyways. "Have you been in touch with her latley?" She was confused, she hadn't seen Leah in a while, but she didn't worry, in fact it made her life easier without Leah being around.

"No, I havn't seen here in a while"

she responed. One of the men jotted something down on a notepad.

"and how long is a while?"

"I don't know...three, four days, i guess...why do you ask?"

"It appears that Leah has been missing for some days and nobody knows where she might be or if something happened to her"

"Oh" She said. The two men kept on asking dumb questions until they brought up Tate.

"Do you know a Tate Langdon?"

"What does Tate have to do in all of this!" She practically yelled at them.

"Well, according to some witnesses, he was the last person to be seen with Leah, walking out of school together " The men said camly.

Her stomach flipped at the thought of Leah and Tate being together.

"So, do you know him?"

"No...well, yeah, I've seen him around, but never really talk with him" she said calmly, but in the inside she was going crazy. Tate had something to do with Leah going missing, even though he promised her she wouldn't do anything.

"Thanks for corporating with us  miss Harmon" The two men said before walking back into the school. She felt white hot anger boiling deep inside her veins, but was soon cooled down when she felt bile build up in her throat. Tate broke his promise. How could she trust him know, after this?

|♡|♥|♡|♥|