Chapter 5

Violet POV

I raced home as fast as I could. I felt angry and embarased at the same time. Today has been the worst day I could ever had. I felt blood dripping from my forehead. It was warm against my cold skin.

After running for about 15 minutes, I made it home. I ran in through the door and saw my mom in the kitchen making some food. She turned around to look at me.

"Hey hone- w-what happened?" she sounded concerned, but I ignored her and stomped up to my bedroom. I opened the door in one swiftly movment and slamed it back closed. I jumped on my bed and buried my head in between my pillow. It wasnt usaual for me to cry, in fact I never did, but this time no matter how hard I tried to hold back the tears that were building up behind my lids, I just could'nt. I let out a muffled scream.

There was a loud knock at my door.

"Honey, open the door!" It was my mom.

"No, go away...I don't want to talk to anyone!" I yelled. She jiggled the door knob in attempt to open the door. "Mom, I said go away!" I yelled again. It's not like she really cared anyways what happens to me.

She finally gave up and walked away. I stayed there for a moment until I got up and walked to the restroom. I grabbed my box full of my dads blades and took one. I looked at myself in the mirror above the sink.

My face was emotionless except for the tears that remained dry under my eyes. Eyes red and swollen. I rolled up my sleeve and brought the blade to my skin. I felt a relieve fill up my body. Then it all went numb again. I sliced a second time. Crimson red, was all I saw. Blood dripped down my arm and a few dropplets fell,making a beautiful contrast against the white sink. I cleaned up a little and put everything back in place.

I went back to my bedroom and just sat there.

Tate POV

Once I got home from school, I headed for my bedroom, but Constance stopped me halfway.

"Tate, dear, I booked you an appointment for today with Dr.Harmon...he lives across the street" She said. I knew why she did that, but I still asked.

"Why would you do that?"

"Why would I do that, Tate?...you know exactly why I did it, you need help and you're getting it, like it or not!" she said while poking at my chest.

"Fine, I'll go" I said, I knew what would happen if I didn't. I started up the stairs again.

"Now, Tate, he' s waiting for you!" she said and I let out a groan. I walked out the door and across the street. I knocked on the door a few times until it finally opened. There in front of me stood a women. She was in her forties, but still very beautiful. Her strawberry colored hair made perfect waves all the way down to mid-back. Her diomond earings shined bright in the very few sunlight it recieved. She smiled at me, it was almost as bright as her earings.

"Hi, you must be Tate" she said and gestured me to come inside.

"Yes, ma'am" I said and walked in. Her smile never leaving her face.

"Constance has talked so much about you..." I rolled my eyes, Constance always did brag about me being her perfect son, but I'm not, never will be, her perfect son."...we didn't get the pleasure to meet you the other day when we went over" she said and I just smiled, not really feeling like making up a fake excuse to why I didn't meet her.

She was walking me to the small office they have for Dr.Harmons patients. Once we reached it she walked away saying "bye, dear". She was nice, I like her. She'd be a better mother than Constance would ever be.

I walked in the office to find what I assume was Dr.Harmon sitting on a black leather chair behind his desk. He was looking at some papers he held in his hand. I walked in further, and he turned to look at me.

"Oh, sorry...you must be Tate right?" He said,I nodded. He reached out a hand and I shook it.

"Well, I'm Dr.Harmon and I'll be your new therapist" He said while gesturing me to sit down in one of the couches I front of him. I sat there and he started talking some bullshit I wasn't even listening to. He then asked me about my visions. 'Here we go again' I thought to myself. I give all my therapists the same story, which was true. I sit up straight and pull my legs up from the floor.

I start slowly..." I prepare for the noble war. I'm calm. I know the secret. I know no one can stop me, including myself."

"Do you target people you dislike?" he asked.

"I kill people I like, some of them beg for their life's. I don't feel sad, I don't feel anything. It's a filthy world we live in. A filthy goddamn helpless world, and honestly, I feel like I'm helping to take them somewhere away from the shit and the piss, and the vomit that run in the streets. I'm helping to take them somwhere clean and kind..." I look straight in his eyes and them continue "...The world is a filthy place, It's a filthy goddamn horror show. There's so much pain you know, so much..." still holding his gaze " There's something about all that blood; I drown in it..." I start to feel a little uncofortable. I look away and suddenly want to change a bit the subject."...The indians believed that blood held all the bad spirits, and once a month they would cut themselves to let the spirits go free.Now, there's something smart about that, very smart, I like it." I look back at him. "You think I'm crazy?" I ask with a straight face.

"No, Tate, I don't think your crazy" He says while shifting in his chair. "I think your creative, and I also think you have alot of pain your not dealing with" he looked at me then continued with his questions "any resent deaths in your family?" My muscles tensed. I didn't want to talk about that right now, I get emotional. I may or may not be a physcopath, but I loved my sister, and she didn't deserve to die that way. He was writing down something on his notepad.

"Y..yes" I hesitated. I hope he doesn't ask anything. He looked up at me.

"how?" damn it! Of course, he was going to ask questions, you fuck.

"Overdose" I stated simply. He looked down again and jotted something else. I guess, he could sense that I really didn't want to talk about that subject because he asked another question.

"How is everything at home?" Oh god, how many questions is he going to ask. I can't say anything about Constance abuse to any of us. She'll beat the shit out of me, and then she'll get drunk and beat Addie too. No, that's not going to happen.

"It's good" I said. Lie, good thing I was a good liar. He just continued to scribble on his notepad.

"Well, Tate, this session was basically for me to get to know you a little." He said and smiled at me. He got up and walked towards me. I too got up. "next sessions will have more...action, I guess, I could put it that way" He chuckled a bit and walked me to the door of the office " you remember the way out, right?" He said and I nodded. He once again reached out his hand and I shook it. " Have a nice day, Tate" he said and walked back to sit down on his chair.

I walked down the long hallway, but then I heard someone's voice...Courtney Love? I don't think these people listen to that kind of stuff. I decided to ignore it, but halfway across the hallway, curiousity got the best of me. I looked around and saw a big stair case leading up to a second floor. I perked my ears and listened carefully. It was coming from up there.

I fastly, but carefully raced up the stairs and found myself in another hallway allined with white doors.

-

-
Sorry for any misspelling :)