Chapter 8

We drove around for what felt like hours. Tate "borrowed" Constances' car to take me somwhere 'special'.We passed the beach a few miles back and were now going into some isolated area were the only thing you saw were trees. The light was diffrent out here, it was softer and not as much sunlight. It was almost dark and smoggy. I liked it. I hated the L.A. heat.

The car came to a stop and I quickly got out. I turned my head to see him looking at me expectantly.

"what?" I asked confused. He smiled.

"I was suppose to open the door for you" he said with a chuckle. I rolled my eyes. I wasn't much of a romantic person, in fact I hated being romantic, its just not a part of my nature I guess. 

"You don't have to act like a gentleman around me" I smiled at him walking forward "were are we?" I asked.

He walked forward towards some of the bushes that were surrounding us and moved them out of the way. Weird, I thought. Why would anyone place fake bushes out here? On the other side was a dirt path that lead to some other place whitch I couldn't see very well because it was covered in dark green leaves and plants, but I could make out it was like a cabin. He walked me toward the cabin, and we stood there eyeing the place.

"how'd you find this place?" I asked awed. It was quiet here. It seemed like a place you would come to hide and get away from your reality for a while. It was pretty amazing, I liked it.

"Do you like it?" he asked looking at me. I nodded and he grabbed my hand to lead me inside."Me and my dad found this place when we came here to L.A. for vacations. I was small, but somehow still remember this place." he said spreading his hands out like a 'T'. I smiled some more. "want a tour?" he smiled at me.

I nodded and continued to smile. I think this is the most I have smiled in a long time and that males me smile even more.

After the tour, we sat down in the middle of empty room, indian style. We talked for some time about whatever came to mind. It was nice talking to someone other than the voices inside your head. In some part of the conversation I zoned out, until I heard.

"You're the most amazing girl I've ever seen"

"yeah, right" I said, he furrowed his eyebrows.

"stop that!" he said. I looked at him confused.

"stop what?" I asked.

"Stop, giving me sarcastic remarks when I give you a compliment!"

"Oh..." I shifted on the floor "that" I said starring at him "sorry, can't help it" I said then blushed a little, it's kind of embarrassing when someone tells you things like this.

He smiles "It's cool...just don't do it again because I mean what I say" he grabs my hand "you are the most amazing and beautiful girl I've ever met" I blush" and I know I just met you, but I can't stop thinking about you..." He scoots closer to me and I freeze and tense up a little " I really, really like you, Violet" he continues, moving even closer until are faces are a few inches apart. I stare into his dark eyes and he stares right back. His eyes slowly moving down to my lips.

Then next thing I know his lips are connected to mine and I'm shocked, even though I knew this was going to happen. My stomach is going crazy with emotions. He slowly pulls away, but I grab the back of his neck and pull him back. Our lips crash back together and this time I kiss back.