Chapter twenty-four~ a (kinda?) happy ending

Ok ok I thought about the end: should it be happy or sad, because I had a perfect idea for a sad one, but then again... It should be happy, right? So then I bit both! Also, this ones gonna be kinda short because I'm not good at last chapters. Soooo... Here's the last chapter! *jazz hands*

-years later-

Your POV

"Freddy?"

You stare at the distorted animatronic in the softly lit alley. It wasn't wearing a suit, for instead it had a disfigure body of protruding wires. It only wore a decayed mask, its teeth sharp and covered in blood. It's hat and bow tie were rusty brown. You instantly knew it was him.

The robot turned its head to you. He gave a low growl then softly gasped. He slowly cocked its head slightly, questioning what he was seeing.

"(Y/n)?" He asked in a broken voice. He then looked alarmed. "No. No, you need to get out of here. Get away." He turned and looked down.

"What? Freddy, it's me! (Y/n) (l/n)!" You were expecting him to be overjoyed. Expecting him to be like himself. "Didn't you miss me?"

He gave a light chuckle. "Of course I did. I thought you died. When that monster came back, he noticed that you weren't conscious, so he took you away. He had the others. Then..." he inhaled, his breathing unsteady. You quietly walked to him, trying to avoid anything that would cause noise.

"...he...Hurt us."

You stopped.

"Bruised us. Cut us. Hurt us every type of way possible." He continued. His voice was getting shaky.

"He first did Foxy. Kicked him until he was bruised all over. Foxy was always the sporty competitive one. The one person that could impress everyone. I bet he could've won in any match. But... mike hurt him...

"Ballora had cuts all over her face. He stabbed her thigh, which caused her to pass out from all of the blood pouring out so fast. She was a gentle person. Could take care of anyone. Always protective. Always cautious. Acted like a great mother. Then she fell limp.

"Then baby. Poor baby.... she was so young to deserve all that damage. I couldn't watch. I couldn't watch mike slice her skin off, ever so slowly. He cut the ends of her mouth into a wide twisted smile. She screamed the loudest. She struggled the most. She cried the most tears. I think she received the most pain.

"And Bon bon... my best friend. My buddy. My right-hand-man. The one who would always calm me down. The one who would help me with my struggles. The one who would actually hear me out. He didn't deserve it. He got cuts and bruises and stabs that mike deserved. And I saw him die...with my own eyes...I'll never see him again!" He fell into a fit of cries. You've have never seen Freddy so sad, helpless, and broken all the same time.

"Freddy... I'm..." you were speechless. How can you make a person happy again after all that he's been through? Killed as a child, stuck underground, then forced to watch his friends get killed?

"...What did he do to you?" You asked. Big mistake. He then cried harder, burying his face in his broken hands.

"...T-Terrible things..." he whispered.

You tried to push the thoughts of what mike could've done to him, and sat beside him. You had no idea what to do. He wasn't his regular self anymore. He was scarred.

"I've been in this animatronic form ever since. I couldn't bear to be human anymore. There was no point. It made me feel more...guilty. Because I became human because of you. You were the one that helped us."

"Freddy..." A feeling crawled up your spine, but you payed no attention. You two just sat there in silence in the alley. You closed your eyes for a bit, then felt something wrap around you. You opened them to find a person's arm around you. It was Freddy's. His arms were wrapped in bandages. Blood was all over him. His face had scars, but the one that disturbed you most were one down his face in a straight line, and another across. Like faceplates. His right eye was badly bruised. His hair was now a dirty white. His clothes were covered in blood and dirt, his shirt a bit ripped in the ends. He gave an awkward smile.

"...surprise?"

You were about to give him a tight hug before he said "be careful, mike did a lot on things, and I think the bruises and stabs are still there." So you gave him a soft hug.

"I'm so glad that you're at least okay." You whispered.

"Well, I'm more glad that I got to see you once again." He whispered back. You stayed in his arms of a while, the both of you taking in the silence. He were so happy to be in his arms again, tears began to form in your eyes. Freddy noticed a tear rolling down your cheek.

"Hey, why are you crying?" He asked. You looked up at him.

"I'm just so happy. Other people said that I was just imagining you and the others. I thought all of you died. And after all of these years, here we are. At least one of you all are alive...do you know if Bon bon's alive? Ballora? Baby?"

"I saw a glance of baby one time yesterday, but... I didn't see her today. She looked like she was in terrible condition. She was ok animatronic form too." He whimpered, feeling his arms put a bit more pressure.

"Don't worry freddy..." you softly said to him. "We're going to find her. And the others...

...We'll find them."

I want to give a big thanks to these two people-
xBallora_Ballerinax

user03868290

And a big thanks to you, reader! I know, it's a sucky last chapter, and it was a sucky book, but hey! This is my first completed book, and I feel so accomplished!
Ever since the second chapter I thought I had everything planned out, and I was actually going to make the ending happy, but... ya know, things change. And as a gift of thanks-
°˖✧◝()◜✧˖°

(Watch it it's glorious)

Soooo...thanks. And bye~

Ah one day I'm going to look back in this book and cringe