Driven (BigBang)

Chapter Ten: Say Something

POV: Dae

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

The quick closing of the interview. The apologizing and rescheduling. Ji canceling his date. The rushing back home.

During all of it, I was in nervous jitters. But it didn't compare to the mounting rush of anxiety I felt when I had our dorms in sight. No one had said anything on the ride home. But no one doubted he would be there.

Ji walked in first. Back stiff, I could feel the rage rolling off of him. "Choi Seung Hyun."

Though his voice is low, the authority in it is high. I run to my room. There is nothing I can do to defend him, so I try my best to block it out. For the next hour or so, all I hear is Ji's raised voice and sometimes a mellow tone from Taeyang. But never once did I hear TOP's.

I couldn't tell if he was being stoic because he chose to stay angry or if he was under conviction. After it's all done, I hear doors close. All is quiet.

I'm scared to leave, but the pull I feel to TOP's room is undeniable. I get up quietly, walk silently, and enter his room without noise. He's lying on his side away from the door. Somehow, he knows I have entered though because he sighs lightly. It's the first sound I've heard of him since he left the interview.

I sit next to him and yet he doesn't turn to face me. "I know you know I know why you did it."

That's how I start talking to him. If I can say enough, he'll say something. "I understand Ji shouldn't try to guide Ri's interview the way he does. But it's just part of the role of being a leader.

"I still don't think how you responded was right." I feel him become visibly colder towards me. I sigh and place a hand in between his shoulder blades. Thankfully, he doesn't shift away.

"Ji just wanted to rush through. Which I don't think is right either." I begin to rub soothing circles into his back. I can feel his muscles are tense but I'm unsure if it is anger or worry.

"But you embarrassed the group. And that isn't going to sit well. I think Ji had a good reason to be upset but I wish he wouldn't scold you the way he did.

"You know, the company is going to hear about this..." I pause slightly. I'm not trying to scare TOP, but brace him. The company owner scares us all, besides Ji. And Ji has no reason to be scared, because he was in the right. Again.

"Will you say something?" I plead quietly. He still doesn't speak and that's when I can tell this isn't one of his regular moods. This was cold hard determination. It frightened me a little but I did my best to smile.

Even if he couldn't see it.

"I'll just stay here then." I'm prodding him, attempting to get a reaction out of him. I lay down and put an arm around his waist. The sensation, which would normally paralyze me, was oddly comforting.

I nuzzle my face into his back, desperate that he'd respond. But yet, no such luck. "Ya know," I yawn, just realizing how tired I was. "I meant what I said on the show. I'm actually really glad I'm your medicine.

"Though I would never say it out loud to my hyungs, and I would deny it if you did," I chuckle slightly, "it was one of my proudest moments. Being able to do something they couldn't.

"I don't know why, but I understand that you don't want to talk. I respect that. I'll take it as a stand against Ji - and if I'm wrong, you don't have to tell me. Just...don't shut me out too. You're one of the closest people to me in my life." I bare my emotions for him, hoping to draw out a response.

And I got it.

He rolled over to face me and I prepared myself to get pushed off the bed. Instead, he just places his arms on to my chest lightly. A soft sigh. And then...three words.

Three words I hoped to hear.

That every day I worked hard to hear from him.

"Thank you, Dae."