Driven (BIGBANG)

Chapter Two (Part II): Dara

Taeyang's POV

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Seungri has always been my bench buddy. I mean, the other guys also spot me, but none of them I quite trust as much as Seungri. Plus, when he's spotting me or I'm spotting him, it gives us time to talk. And The Lord says fellowship is good in His Name.

But the words that come out of Seungri's mouth are not from The Lord. "I heard after the interview, G is going on a date with Dara."

Gossip. Hot, thick, gossip. "Seungri...you know what The Lord says about gossip."

Seungri sighs, knowing I'm not going to take the bait. "Wait if I told you I heard it from the horses mouth?"

I felt a stab of curiosity. But I pushed it away; I rebuke you Satan. "Well, then you should talk about that to Ji."

Seungri got up for a second and walked over to the weights. "Do you want anymore weights?" He asked me changing the subject. But I knew the subject change was temporary.

"Sure," I reply, bracing myself for the weights and for Seungri's probing. After he places them on either side, he sits back down and watches me carefully to make sure I can handle the weights.

And this is why Seungri was my bench buddy. I breathe a quick prayer of thanks to The Lord for giving me such a considerate friend. How much has The Lord given me... I truly am in the land of milk and honey. I release a sigh of happiness and thankfulness.

Seungri's voice interrupts my flow of thoughts, but I don't mind. "Do you think Dara and G will develop into anything...serious?"

I realize this is a legitimate question, and though I am unsure of why he has such genuine concern of Dara and Ji becoming steady, I ponder the question.

'Lord, guide my lips to say what you would have me to say. Do not let me fall into the snare of gossip. Thank you for guiding me thus far. Thank you for loving me. Amen.'

After a quick prayer, and putting down the bar with weights on it, I look at Seungri. "I'm not sure if they will become anything more than friends - we do not know if this date is a romantic so put that out of your mind til you are certain that is so. If they do become a couple, then I pray The Lord will guide their path, bless them and that what they do is pleasing to Him. If it is His Will, it will be done."

With that, I pick up the bar and begin to lift once more. Thank you, Jesus.