Driven (BigBang)

Chapter Seven: Unexpected

(TOP's POV)

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

The interviewers quickly moved on to Jijong after Dae's well-crafted response. I think he was trying his best not to hurt my feelings, which was sweet but unnecessary. I didn't believe he could have a mean bone in his body.

I shift in my seat some, getting comfortable. I try to focus on what the hosts are asking Jijong - something about how he liked being the leader. I still don't think he should be the leader, if I was truthful. He took things too lightly and pushed himself to little. Even as I thought it, I reigned myself from a full on rant. I do recognize I've spent enough time mulling it over that it won't change things to obsess over it anymore. Instead, I think to the first time Dae lightened my mood.

'I storm into the room prepared to quit. I had been in a sour mood all weekend but in my defense I had recently discovered something to sour it. It had been several months of training with the four other members of the soon-to-be-released group of BigBang. I glare darkly at the cameras rolling in our dance practice room. They have been monitoring our coming out as a new group for a documentary to heightened our popularity.

Typically it doesn't bother me, but I don't feel like putting on a face.

"Hey, TOP." Taeyang smiles warmly at me and I throw a half smile of sarcasm at him. He pulls back slightly with his smile diminishing. He silently said oh and nodded. He wasn't going to ask what was wrong - just give him space. G-Dragon walked in, and upon seeing me ignore Taeyang, walked over to him to see what was the matter with me.

It was him, of course.

Just that Friday we were sat down to be praised for our hard efforts and the company explained our roles in the group. Some were natural - like Ri being the maknae. Others were expected - like Taeyang being the main dancer. However, one was. Not. Expected.

One of the executives cleared his throat, "All of you have worked extremely hard to be a part of this and all of you deserve this. I just want you to know that we've chosen G-Dragon as the leader - he has shown to be equipped to work well in that position." It was obvious they were talking about his multiple years in the industry and the childhood group Little Roora he was a part of.

Though the reasoning was sound, it still floored me. I was the oldest. I was praised for being the most motivated. And I sure as hell have given up more than Jijong.

While I had simmered, I didn't notice Dae and Ri strolled through the door. Ri took the hint and avoided me, but Dae didn't seem to possess that type of common sense.

"Hey, TOP!" He says cheerily, while clapping the me on the shoulder. My response was a rather cold glare, but he continued on as if nothing was amiss. "How was your celebration weekend?"

"Fine," I shrugged out from his grasp and walked away to stretch for dance practice. Dae followed, either not taking the hint or not giving a crap. The others watched silently as Dae pushed the limit.

"So what did you do?" Dae asked.

"Enjoy my peace by being alone." I grit my teeth.

Dae gasps and grabs onto my arm. He was acting very melodramatic - which I actually found kinda funny. "It was our celebration weekend though." He whispers it to me as if it's a well-kept secret.

I found myself, rather than being irritated, wondering why it was such a big deal to him. "So?"

"So that's going to be like the last weekend we're going to have until.. well for a while!! From here on out it's work mister!" He pokes me on the arm, but lightly. I look into his face, he's trying to be stern and not smile. It's too comical - and I laugh, all traces of aggravation gone.

Everyone else was shocked.

I knew that the frustration would come back, but as of right now--'

Dae was shaking me out of my memories. "Huh?" I ask blindly. I thought momentarily I was asked a question from one of the hosts.

He chuckles slightly. "TOP, we're getting a break for a minute." He explains.

"Did they finish with Jijong?"

"No, but I think they are almost done."

I rub the back of my neck and mutter, "I don't understand why they ask so many questions when they're just going to edit it down to thirty minutes to an hour." Then I get up, not really aggravated but not thrilled this is taking so much time.