Driven (BIGBANG)

Chapter Five (Part Two): Eight PM

G-Dragon's POV

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

I'm driving tonight. That makes me both happy and anxious. I love driving, but I feel as if the interview may take a while and I do not enjoy driving tired. Maybe I will ask Taeyang or Ri to do it for me. They are always so kind when it comes to those types of things.

I get in the car, starting it up. We have a van, but I always have a habit of calling any automobile a car. It almost makes me smile at my foolish self - but Taeyang gets in the passenger seat. I do not want him asking why I am so happy.

Oh crap that's right! My brain my veers off into a thought of I forgot about.

"Taeyang, will you do me a favor?" I ask, sighing. I'm glad it's only us two right now in the car. I know all the other members know about my date with Dara, but only Taeyang would not tease me about it.

"Well, what is it?" He asked, not mean or harsh or anything. He just asked.

"Can you drive the rest of the group back tonight? I...can't." I finish lamely.

He smiles sweetly at me. "Why can't you?" He goads me. He doesn't joke around very often for fear of hurting someone's feelings, but he does it when he's doesn't think it'll be mean.

And I didn't think he'd tease me about it.

I sigh and laugh. "I have dinner...with Dara." Taeyang laughs as well and pats me on the shoulder.

"Yeah, I'll drive home. Don't sweat it."

As soon as he finishes speaking, Ri gets in the car. He goes to the back - he has to because he's the maknae. He also gets to chose clothes last at interviews. It's cause he's the youngest.

Soon after Ri settles in, Dae and TOP come walking out. They walk out together, as the usual. They get into the middle of the car, with it's two available seats.

I start the car and we're off. I punch the address in GPS after we get out of the driveway. There's a few moments of dead silence. Then Daesung tries to start a conversation.

"What do you think this interview will be about?" He asks no one in general.

"I'm not sure, maybe about a new album?" Seungri replies. He's not really interested - I can tell because of how we close we are. He didn't even glance at Dae when he responded.

"Oh yeah, about that, how did the writing go today, Ji yong?" TOP asks me, with a smirk on his face. He brings his face next to my head rest, his eyes sharp. For some reason his question sounds mean...

I turn slightly red, recalling how I took a nap instead of writing today. I feel defensive whenever I talk to Mr. Introvert, so I answer with a question. "How did practicing your script go?" I keep my voice neutral.

I know he went somewhere with Dae instead of practicing. When I woke up, I checked his room and he wasn't there.

He pulls back slightly and says, "I didn't really practice because Dae wanted me to go shopping with him."

"Oh what did you guys get?" Taeyang asks nervously. He knows how TOP and me get into it. Heck, everyone knows how we get into it.

"Nothing," Dae says regrettably.

"Yes, but Dae nearly destroyed a shirt trying to get it off." TOP says with a bit of amusement in his voice.

All the other members get into a pointless conversation, and I focus on the road. It's not that I don't want to talk to them, it's just I don't want to distract myself. I've never been to this studio before. I wonder how long the interview will take...it starts at five, turn left, and will probably end sometime around 6-7. I need to turn right..there's no right? What the hell? I strum my fingers against the steering wheel. No right, no right. I'm coming up to where there needs to be - oh look it's a one way. That's a small street. I told Dara dinner at eight and I hope I'm not late. I don't want to stand her up. I hope that she likes me cause she's super funny and pretty. I think we could be a couple. Who knows? I might even fall in love with her. It'd be nice. But it's only one dinner Ji, don't over think it, don't over think it.

I pull into a parking lot of a fairly large place. There's like four or five buildings - we need to go to building three. I cut the engine and climb out. I expect the others to follow me. I head towards one of the people that look like they're on staff. Why was there no security entrance? Shouldn't we have to show our IDs?

I turn toward Taeyang, as we scurry towards the staff guy. "How did we get in? Don't we need to show IDs?"

Taeyang looks at me kinda strangely. "We did show IDs. Are you alright, man?"

I laugh a little. I must have been really out of it. "Yeah, I'm good."

Ri comes over to me and slings his arm around my shoulder. "Probably too busy thinking about Dara." He says.

That boy knows me too well. I laugh and push him away a little. We near the staff member. "Yah! We are here for an interview. It's in studio three. Can you take us there?" TOP spends no time with introductions, which takes the man back a little.

"I'm sorry." I say hastily, bowing to the man. "We are BIGBANG. We need to get to studio three. If you could please show us the way, it would be wonderfully helpful." He smiles a little. I know how far politeness gets you in life, so I use it rather frequently.

"Of course." The man says, "Follow me." He turns and starts walking.

*** *** ***

"We have a special guest today! Well, five special guests!" One of the hosts says as we wait out of the line of the camera. What was his name again? Dang, I forgot both their names.

"Yah!" The other host says; this one is female. The other is a balding male. "Do you want to give away the surprise?" She asks him in a scolding tone. I know this is all part of their act.

He pretends to act angry and says, "What if I do? What are you going to do about it?"

"You can't!" She cries.

"Yes I can, please welcome to the show--" the lady cuts him off before he can finish.

"Please welcome BIGBANG!" She says happily.

"Yah! Woman! What about not giving away the surprise?" The man grumbles as we walk on stage. There's the sound of applause and it makes me blush. I duck as I wave hello to the audience.

The hostess turns her attention to us and away from the sulking man. "Hi, guys. This is your first time here correct?" She smiles kindly.

We all nod in agreement.

"Well, we don't do crazy games to get comical faces of you on television. We just want to know about you. But we do it a little different." She smiles again and this is the first time the guy cracks a smile.

"What do you mean?" Daesung asks.

"Well, instead of asking you questions in a group and letting one of you chose who is going to speak, we ask individual questions." This is the first time the man has spoken directly to us. Even when we got here he didn't say a word to us. He was busy, which was understandable.

"Well, who goes first?" Seungri asked cautiously. He was afraid that by asking he'd have to go first. No one in the group likes him on interviews because he has a bad habit of spilling secrets on accident. He usually waits til at least one other person speaks first so that he knows how what's safe to say.

"Don't worry, you aren't going first Seungri." The hostess smiles.

We all breathe out a sigh of relief. The two hosts laugh at our response.

"We do our questions by alphabetical order of the groups stage name." The man explains.

I immediately go through the alphabet and figure out the order when TOP says, "So, Daesung goes first?"

"Yes, exactly." The man says.

I settle in to the chair, feeling as if this will be a long interview. I just hope it doesn't go past eight.