Driven (BIGBANG)

Chapter Three: What was I thinking about again?

Daesung POV

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

People probably wonder how idols go shopping. I mean, don't people flag us down? The thought makes me smile, but everyone thinks I'm an easy smiler. I like my smile - I look better when I smile. However, even when I smile I'm not the most attractive of my group. It's a fact I'm okay with - I'm my own self and I'm happy being myself with no surgery to change me..except that one surgery to fix the nodules*, but that didn't really change my appearance that helped me still sing.

Oh, god, I don't know what I would do if I couldn't sing anymore. I mean I would definitely go back and sit my exams, but they would take a while. I'd probably have to move back in with my parents and the shame of it all...

What was I thinking about again?

Oh yeah, how celebrities get to shop. I love shopping, I don't know it's so stress relieving. The favorite guys I like to shop with are Ji and TOP mainly because Ji values his clothes** and TOP picks out wonderful clothes. Anyway, I just wish there were more choices for us. We have regular stores (some of them) and then really fancy expensive stores that sell super thin retarded fabric - I think ShinEE buys their clothes at those stores; not to say that ShinEE is retarded, just that that seems to be their style of clothing. Personally, I prefer more durable clothing that I can wear multiple times without being afraid of it tearing.

That's why I like shopping with TOP, he knows just what I like. Man, that guy can read me like a book. He always smiles when he picks out something I like; it's probably because I squeal like a girl whenever I see something I like. It's a nasty habit that I get teased for, but at least TOP doesn't make fun of me for it. I don't think I'd be able to stand it if he did too.

Speaking of the boy, I wonder why he's taking so long in the shower. He only has...fifteen minutes before I leave his cute butt. I smile again when I remember that interview when he said his butt was the feature of him that he had better than the rest of us***. Of course, I said my smile. Though, in retrospective, I think TOP has a pretty good smile - but he doesn't smile often or show his teeth. I think he's bothered by his crooked tooth. I personally think it's adorable - because it's the only flaw on his perfect body...

My face flushes and I bit my grinning face as I realize where my thoughts are taking me. And then, I let the cool wash over me because I know I'll never tell him. Even if..even if he was like me, he's too...driven to want a relationship. To him, his career comes first. Is that why I like him? Because he has what I want? Pure drive? Or do I like him because of his personality...his body. I feel the blush creep up again and I try to refocus my thoughts.

What was I thinking about again?

I don't have time to trace back through my brain when I see TOP coming around the hall. His hair is still slightly wet, droplets hanging on the strands of his low bangs. I swallow, my tongue thick.

"Are you happy? Lets go," his deep voice echoes with grumpiness, but I know he'll thank me for it later. I'm the only one who knows how to make him truly happy; this fact is something I'm selfishly proud of. I wouldn't let someone else take that privilege away from me unless I was dead.

I smile easy at seeing his face, his lips scrunched with displeasure. I wish I could relax them... I try yet again to pull out of this daze. "Of course I'm happy. You're my favorite guy to shop with." I say sincerely.

He smiles at my compliment and - wait is that a faint blush? Did he really like my compliment? He should be used to thousands of praises on his personality, his voice, on him. "Well, I'm glad. Otherwise I would question why you would want me to come with you." He says this jokingly.