Chapter 14.

It would be amazing if all humans treated people like humans. Everyone was nice, woman and man. Sadly, that's not how it works. At least not yet. Now you were ridiculed and teased if you were different. Now there was war, famine, and death. Even though we're known as the 'modern race'. Why don't they explain that in school? Rather than all this math bull crap.

~Y/N's POV~

Alana talked rapidly and animated, feeling much better. "So, then I said: you have no Right to bully Alexander Hamilton because of his love for another man! John Lauren's, Of course.—" She really didn't give her maw a rest.

Connor rubbed his eyes as he bounced down the stairs, in a pair of Evan's grey sweatpants that clearly didn't fit him, they were too high above his ankles. His mouth opened wide and he yawned greatly.

"Yo, Conman." I have him a light nod. He let out a breathy laugh, shaking his head.

"Never call me that again, Y/N. You just fucking ruined my morning. I hate you. Thanks." Connor took a seat next to us, grabbing a bowl of honey crunch. I could hear the cereal crackle as he took a bite and lowered the spoon down with his chipped fingernails.

"Why hate me, when you can date me?" I shot him finger guns, he just rolled his eyes.

"In your dreams." Connor laughed, yet his cheeks turned red for some reason. He wiped his mouth and leaned back into the seat. "My Parents want you to come over today, for some stupid barbecue."

"Why me?"

"They think you'll fix me, or that your some perfect girl, or whatever the hell." He mumbled incoherently. Alana took a bite of her apple, a deep crunch, and spoke up.

"You should go." I nodded at her request. Connor explained that Alana could come too. I looked in the kitchen where my mom, Heidi, was getting ready for work. Like she does ever day. every month. Yay.

"I'm gonna get dressed." I sighed and hopped upstairs.

Upstairs I scanned the closet for something. I wanted something (Modest/Bold/Girly/Other) to wear, But I hadn't any clue what to wear. Then I saw it, a (F/C) baseball cut shirt, and black jeans. So I could keep up my aesthetic, but also impress, Ya know? I grabbed Connor's hoodie and ran downstairs. "Ta-Da!" I spun around. Alana giggled and Connor just gave a hearty smirk. He was wearing his combat boots that shined a soft black, a black vest, and... you guessed it... black jeans! This man really needs to widen his horizons, god. He took out a joint and popped it into his mouth, right before I smacked it out his mouth, "what the fuck!" he growled, more a statement than a question. "I need to be prepared!"

"being high isn't being prepared! its being high!" I hissed back. he stuck his tongue out it return.

"She's not wrong..."Alana pipped in.

"Mary-Jane." he mumbled, I flipped him off, with a laugh.

Connor looked at the hoodie I had in my hands, his hoodie. His comfort zone. His safe place.

I threw him the dark gray hoodie, he threw it over him in a swift movement. I stood, swaying foot to foot in the doorway. "Mom!" I yelled. "I'm going to the Murphy's!"

"A-again?" she sighed helplessly. "its not like im your mom." she whispered, mostly to herself.

"I, I don't need to, Uh, Go..." I mumbled, "No! No! Go! I love you, Peanut!" she waved me off, returning to her business.

Connor lead me, Alana, and Evan to his white pickup truck. (Yes I think Connor has a white Toyota pickup truck don't @ me bitch.) Evan and Alana sat in the back, chatting. Well... more like Alana did most of the talking and Evan fiddled with his shirt, tediously.