Chapter 3.

~Y/N's POV~

I sometimes question academics. Don't get me wrong, I don't think that bad of school. It's just how is writing a memoir... from my life... that I already know, going to help me. But after my years of painstaking experience I came to one conclusion;

High school is shit.

I sat in class staring at the paper. No thoughts came. It was all blocked out. Next to me was a Bored Connor Murphy, his chin resting on the desk. I looked back at my paper. Still nothing. How is writing an essay about westward expansion going to help me in life? Exactly! Only a half an hour left. I pulled my phone out quietly and started texting.

To: Connor Murphy.
Hey you might not remember this because you were high but I gave you my number. Not in like a hitting on you way though. Anywayyyyy, Can me and Jared come over tonight for the project, ya know on Alexander Hamilton?

I heard a 'PING' come from next to me and Connor sent me a glare.

To: Y/N Hansen.
Whatever my mom was gonna make me invite u over anyway. But Control kleinmeme He's a dick. This doesn't mean we're friends though...

To: Connor Murphy.
Okay but we aren't getting stoned in your basement. ;)

And for a moment there was a smile on his face. A little bit of light in his eyes.

He had a little bit of light.

———————————————

After class I shoved my things into my bag and ran after Connor.

"Connor! C-connor!" I breathed, tired from running. "Thanks. And I um, I'm sorry about that night. I didn't mean to offend you." I whispered.

~Connor Murphy's POV~

I wish I could tell them. It wasn't them It was me, it was all my fucking fault, everything is. I didn't want to hurt them too.

"I'm sorry." I say back. I lift my hand and they flinch. I stick it out for them to shake. They stared at my wrists. Then Y/N smiled. "I'm not gonna bite." I stifle a laugh. Y/N probably thought I was weird, I was insane. "We haven't had a proper introduction. I'm Murphy. C-Connor Murphy. That's my, uh, name. Resident 'freak' and 'school shooter', according to everyone but myself."

Y/N shook it.

Y/N shook my hand.

"Hansen, Y/N Hansen." I smiled, Y/N looked... shocked? "Why did you apologize before?" They asked.

"I never said it when It when I pushed you. And that night when I snapped at you. I just don't like it when people get close."

"We'll have to change that." They said with a smile.

We talked about stuff. Like college. Our parents, music, school. There was laughing, something I haven't done in a long time. It felt so natural talking to them. Y/N wasn't....

Like the rest. Y/N was....

Different.

"I gotta split. but meet you after school!" They waved and walked off.

~Y/N's POV~

When I first heard Connor's voice it was stronger than I expected, but it had some kind of hard tone to it.

I walked down the halls merrily. I scratched at my leg. I did it whenever I was uncomfortable.

The walk home was the same. Letting my feelings out when no one was around and passing homes. Silently, talking about my day to myself. I saw our house on the hill, Our home was small but it was home. Evan waited for me at the door.

"Hey! Did you see the new pine they planted!"

"Looks like someone had a good day." I sniffed. He nodded and hugged me. "Just dropping off my stuff then going to the Murphy's." He blushed.

"Is Zoe gonna be there?"

I used to be best friends with Zoe but she became more popular and I... didn't. We still exchange glances, like she wanted to be friends again, but high school hierarchy has torn us apart.

"Yea. I'll put in good word." I winked and took my satchel. He started to refuse but I ran out the house without a word.

———————————————

I knocked on the pristine door. There was yelling... a lot. I stared at the welcome mat in swirly letters.

"Fine I'll fucking get it!" A girl yelled. She opened the door. It was Zoe Murphy. "Y/N? OH MY GOD! IT'S BEEN SO LONG!" She hugged me.

"ZOE!" I yelled. She was beautiful. (Murphy sexual...) unlike me sometimes. I saw Connor coming down the stairs. He skipped steps because of his long legs.

"Hey." He nodded.

"Hey, Murphy." I said with a smile. He shooed Zoe away. She flipped him off but still did as told. "I expect Jared's upstairs?" He nodded.

"This way." He grabbed my hand and my heart skipped a beat. They were bigger than mine, yet so gentle. He led me to a grey room with a living meme sitting on the bed. Jared was scrolling through the ~dark~ internet.

"Finally!" He groaned. "I honestly thought He was gonna kill me." Jared gestured to Connor. Connor plopped into a chair and stared at me. Ugh.

"Pretty view huh? Should I pose or...?"

"Shut up." he said and swirled the other way. I smiled and pulled out my textbooks. What do I know about Alexander Hamilton? Well, everything. Like he had a torrid Affair, he wrote Most of the federalist papers. Today was gonna be okay. I hope.

Well there's Connor.

A little bit of light.

—————————————————————————————

Well that's 1110 words. Wow. Hope you liked it! Tookkk soooo long! Bye!

~Ela