Chapter 2.

~Your POV~

My teachers always said I asked questions to much. I guess after a while I just sized up. I decided not to ask questions and be a good girl. But, there was always this- this- curiosity burning inside me, so I minded myself, but I still asked as many questions. Evan talked to me and told me about how he always felt on the outside, like there's this window and you just see the people pass and— you wish, you wish you were seen to, you wish someone would wave back. And I said back, "I know what you mean. But don't give up. We have each other." And that's enough. Well back to the story. (sorry for the fourth wall breaking!)

I couldn't sleep.

I couldn't sleep whatsoever. To many thoughts. To many worries. I lied in my bed and stared at the ceiling. It was about 3:00. I got up and put on my boots and a jacket. I tiptoed down stairs so I didn't wake up Evan.

Once I got out the door I saw a million stars. Sometimes there were none, sometimes they filled the sky. The grass was dewy too. Like summer, that feeling at a picnic when your feet touch the dewy stalks of grass, it tickled lightly against your toes. I loved that feeling. I walked around the block a bit. Everything was silent. Everything was perfect and orderly. Only a single cat scurried across the streets. Nothing could ruin it. Or so I thought...

As I walked slowly passed the park. I used to come here with mom and Evan. But things change, people change. In which I'm referring to me. I looked at the closest —mahogany— bench and saw a figure sitting on it, starring off into the night. I walked closer and saw it, saw him. Connor. The boy from my class, the boy who pushed me, the enigma..

"Connor?" I gently said.

"Zoe Leave me the fuck al- Y/N?" He asked. I smiled and nodded. Then I took a seat next to him, he had a sullen expression. He looked hurt, broken. He ran his hand through his long hair.

"It's a beautiful night. The stars are all out. The sky is awake, so I'm awake." I made a quick Disney reference. I swear I could see him smile, but it faded, like all good things.

He turned to me.

"What are you really doing here?"

"Can't sleep, You?" He hesitated then sighed.

"I'm a total fuck-up. My parents hate me and so does my sister, if maybe they fucking acknowledged me or at least tried to help I would be like this, a little whiny bitch! And I feel effing bad I pushed you!-" he could have kept going but I cut him off.

"Shut up, with all due respect. You are amazing! So you have issues! We can sort them out! Some people have issues but some are better at hiding them!" I turned to him with a smile. He looked hopeful but then he shook his head.

"We? There is no 'we'. You just think I'm crazy like the rest of them" My smile faded. He changed back to his usual emotion-full demeanor.

"I didn't-" I tried to reach out to him but he pushed me away.

"Shut the fuck up!" He yelled and walked away with his hands shoved in his pocket. Leaving me alone, all alone, on the bench. Why did I care so much for this asshole!? It didn't matter. He clearly doesn't want help so,

It's okay. .

————————————————

"Y/N! Y/N! Get up!" Evan shook me repeatedly.

"Wha? What time is it?" I shot up from the bed. I check my phone, 8:15. Shit! Exactly 15 minuets to get to school.

I jumped up and tried to shimmy into a pair of jeans. Then I threw on my worn out Star Wars shirt. My hair was a straight up mess.

"Evan! Where are my converse!?" I yelled down to him. "White ones!"

"Next to your bag!" He shouted back up

Bag, bag? Where is my bag!? I looked over to He door and thereit was, covered in pins. Next to it was my favorite pair of sneakers. I started to tie them frantically and run downstairs with my bag over one shoulder.

"Love you mom! Come on Evan!" I shouted and ran out the door. He ran after me and sighed. It was a moment of awkward silence.

"Wait— Y/N!... love you too." Heidi whispered.

"Your ridiculous." He finally says. I bow.

"Why, thank you." I slowed my pace down and walked next to Evan.

"So, What, Umm, happened last night?"

I think about it all. It all happened so quickly. One moment I felt as if I was Connor's friend, the next I felt like he loathed me. It's not like Evan needed to know? I mean I told him about everything. Like my first friend, a non-Binary imaginary friend, named Taylor. Or when A boy kissed me without my consent at a date, Evan got super mad. Or when I punched a girl for calling a kid 'gay', he never told mom that story.... she doesn't really need to know.

Besides, it's not gonna kill him if I don't tell.

"Nothing much just took a walk. Couldn't sleep." I wasn't necessarily lying. It just hurt to not tell Evan. But it would hurt Connor if I told Evan.

"Oh... okay." He nodded and gripped the straps on his backpack. Why did I try so hard not to hurt people? To please them? I didn't matter.

I convinced myself I wouldn't care..

—————————————————————————————

Hey guys! I, for some reason, am in love with this chapter! Hope you like it as much as me! Sincerely,
Me~